Medic / Safety Coordinator at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medic / Safety Coordinator
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job type: Contract
- The Rig medic/safety coordinator is responsible for first aid treatment and to stabilize a casualty in case of an accident or medical emergency prior to a medical evacuation (medevac).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain the rig Clinic
- Treats the rig personnel for minor routine medical problems and shall refer to a qualified medical Doctor for all cases beyond his competency.
- Administer medications to the sick and record data in the medical log book. Inventory of medicines and consumables shall be validated; expiry dates shall be clearly indicated.
- Regular inspection of clinic equipment and validate ok.
- Administer oxygen resuscitation, airway manage airways using the air valve mask or face mask on casualty during emergency situations as a process of cardiac pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Supervise the Platform living quarter’s hygiene, food and beverages standards Champion the weekly living quarters inspection and control the medical fitness certificates of the catering staff. Including the rig staff medical records and monitor expiring date. Carry out the potable water system on a weekly basis
- Carry out treatment of all types of burns, wound, fractures and external bleeding.
- Carry out Helm lick manoeuvre for choking casualties.
- Start IV drip according to casualties requiring this form of treatment.
- Recognize and initiate treatment of medical problems including heart disorders, CVA, infectious diseases
- Initiate treatment for insect bites or other reptiles
- Recommend and initiate medevac when necessary.
- Initiate treatment for all kinds of shock casualties on board
- Conducts the rig safety induction of all new arrivals on board
- Participate in daily Supervisors’ operational meetings; monitor toolbox/ pre-job meetings conduct JHA meetings for all safety records,
- Conduct safety meetings write all the minutes and dispatch appropriately.
- Take leadership role during routine drills such as fire/ abandon drills, man overboard drills, oil spill drills, Rescue drills, and security drills and record appropriately.
- Carry out weekly and monthly inspections of platform safety equipment checks and records.
- Facilitate periodic Loss prevention team meetings and the safety audit process
- Investigate and prepare incidence/ accident reports
- Maintains the new arrival book including the T-Card board.
- Participate in the approval system in the permit-to-work process (PTW) and ensure compliance with standards.
- Update the number of days on the LTA notice board.
- Carry out all Client (AMNI) safety records and dispatch as per requirement ( Noise and Ringelman’s surveys, Epidemiological reports, and other safety reports.
- Daily worksite visits according to the company’s policies and procedures in place.
- Manage QHSE standards, policies, and procedures as required and ensure compliance
- Train personnel on unsafe act/conditions using the Safety Training Observation Program (STOP), and tracks all safety training observation cards including the management of the best STOP cards winning process on the platform.
- Helicopter flight manifests including communication for flight logistics
- Perform clerical and administrative duties as specified by the MIC, which includes the preparation of timesheets, personnel on board lists, crew change manifests, etc.
- Radio/telephone with shore base
- Administer facility training records and maintain records of crew change lists and administration of the crew change.
- Coordination with other departments in keeping records, which includes safety records. Tag out / tag out records, toolbox meetings, records, and rig-specific procedure records (RSP) and acts as the administrative focal point of the platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th December, 2023.