Manager – ePayment, Information Technology
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – ePayment, Information Technology
Job Identification: 2707
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 3
Reports To: Senior Manager IT Engineering
Division: Information Technology
- Provide guidance and hands-on support for the building, extension, stability and performance of all digital payment platforms exposed to MTN customers. This includes the usability, security and continuity of all such platforms from an engineering perspective.
- Improve revenue from ePayment transactions by ensuring stability and availability of 99.8% or not more than one service interruption per quarter for all ePayment platforms
- Increase customer retention and stickability to the brand by extreme management of payment failures with appropriate notifications to customers and re-processing failed transactions in batches.
- Work with Enterprise to negotiate with aggregators to finalize agreements by providing technical advice and inspecting the platforms of the aggregators.
- Work with banks and security to prevent payment fraud through our payment gateway.
- Understand the focus of future business and support all ePayments activities.
- Understanding of secured and scalable way of building ePayment systems and using ML to automate exception correction.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the department’s objectives and goals, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review individual team members’ performance and complete appraisals in accordance with employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- First degree in Electrical / Electronics, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Certification in payment security, operations or clearing house (PIC DSS, CIPSP, CertPay etc) will be an added advantage.
- Fluent in English
- 6 – 13 years’ experience which includes:
- 5 years of managing development teams.
- 5 years of managing high demand pipeline in Telecom environment.
- 7 years of direct software development experience in integration and writing of APIs. Very familiar with payment systems, and media and virtual Commerce.
- Must have hands-on experience with Blockchain and NFT technologies.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
29th May, 2023 (10:59 PM)