CcHUB is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space being designed to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose space where work to catalyze creative social tech ventures take place. The HUB is a place for technologists, social entrepreneurs, government, tech companies, impact investors and hackers in and around Lagos to co-create new solutions to the many social problems in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Management Accountant
Location: Sabo – Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Management Accountant (MA) will be responsible for the preparation of management accounts and several other reports whilst also overseeing general accounting procedures and practices within the business.
- The role combines financial, analytical and management skills to aid senior management with decision making and promoting long term financial success, growth, and profitability for the business.
Core Roles and Responsibilities
Financial Management and Cost Control:
- Provide timely and accurate management reporting to assist with key decision making across the organization. This reporting includes but not limited to income statements, cashflow analysis, account receivables, account payables, overhead costs, revenue forecast, analysis of key indicators, historical and budgeted information.
- Controlling income and expenditure within the business and ensuring that expenditure is in line with budgets.
- Monitors developments in global business practices, current economic climate and suggests the improvements needed in the financial and risk management of the business (the CcHUB Group).
- Support with recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Advises on current business asset valuations, capital projects and investments through the right analytical qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- Communicates and advises what impact financial decision making is having on the business and its finance operations.
- Assesses and advises on the right strategies to manage business and organisational performance in relation to business and finance risk while communicating the impact effectively.
Financial Data Analytics and Reporting:
- Analyses and evaluates financial data using appropriate tools and technologies.
- Track and determine financial health of the business by analysing actual results in comparison with forecasts.
- Communicating with all levels within the organisation and present financial information to non – finance members of staff.
- Applies technologies to visualise data effectively and clearly.
- Support with project billing, calculating true employee cost, timesheet management and project reporting.
- Uses development and performance management across the group/wider business and technological environment, as part of the strategic planning and implementation.
- Collaborates on all tactical and organisational areas involved with budgeting, control, capital investments, resource management and people.
- Review accounting processes, practices and improve where necessary to ensure efficient financial operations.
- Directs performance in the company through selecting and measuring financial and non-financial performance indicators.
- Consults on design and use of the latest technology and information systems to evolve decision making and organisational performance.
Governance, Risk and Control:
- Evaluates all internal structures and governance and implement improvement initiatives for the financial success, profitability, and growth of the group.
- Monitors and applies legislation, policies, and procedures relevant to the organisation.
- Recommends the right strategies to ensure the organisation adheres to governance structures and applies best practice internal controls.
- Highlights and manages risk appropriately.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or similar.
- Either qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA etc.) or working towards becoming one.
- 3 – 5 solid years’ experience as Management Accountant or similar in a consulting firm, ideally project-based organisation.
- Extensive experience in project costing and good understanding of business.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels to advise and liaise with senior members of staff
- The duties of a management accountant should be carried out with a high degree of organisational.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills whilst maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work well under pressure and use own initiative to solve problem.
- Proficient in applying modern data analytics and visualisation tools including but limited to PowerBI, Tableau or advanced Excel skills, particularly in manipulation of big financial data and data analysis.
- The ability to always look to improve current processes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Unspecified