Maintenance Planner at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited is one of the largest manufacturing companies in Nigeria, producing and distributing some of the favourite most- loved soft drink brands in the country like; 7up, Pepsi, Mirinda, Mountain Dew, H2oH!, Teem, Lipton Ice Tea and Aquafina premium drinking water. SBC boasts of nine bottling plants with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities strategically located across various regions in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Planner
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Purpose of Job
- The Maintenance Planner will report to the National Maintenance and Spares Planner and be responsible for developing and executing the maintenance strategy related to production lines.
- The role involves driving innovation and improvement of production lines and managing resources effectively to ensure safety, availability, and quality while minimizing environmental impact.
- Establish, monitor, and reinforce control on maintenance strategy execution.
- Actively participate in organizing and scheduling annual overhauls of production lines and facilities.
- Improve efficiencies by increasing preventative maintenance across the plant to minimize breakdowns and reduce mean time between failures.
- Ensure optimal inventory management of spare parts and maintenance materials.
- Schedule routine and condition-based maintenance activities, considering the production program.
- Champion-related EATB processes like Performance Management and Team Maintenance.
- Conduct root cause analysis on breakdowns and evaluate the effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Maintain effective systems to ensure product and package quality.
- Update equipment tree and related components in Business Information Systems (e.g., SAP).
- Manage notifications and work orders closure using SAP PM or related systems.
- Track spare parts orders and ensure timely delivery using SAP or related systems.
Selection Criteria (Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge)
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (B.Eng.) or HND in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant hands-on FMCG operation and maintenance experience.
- Experience in budgeting and people management.
- Knowledge of bottling operations: Planning, Manufacturing, Quality, Environment, Engineering, Health, and Safety.
- Operational planning expertise/experience.
- Understanding of the financial impact of decisions.
- Ability to select and assess first-line managers.
- Coaching direct reports and mentoring others.
- Ability to translate functional strategy into unit/section plan.
- Ability to lead and manage change, setting standards for managing performance.
- Ability to build and leverage relationships to improve results.
- Open-minded and willing to experiment and try new things.
- Ability to disseminate and enforce safety, health & environmental policy, and improvement initiatives.
- Possession of CMRP Certification or similar Engineering certification.
- Experience in plant manufacturing operations and project planning & implementation.
- Previous experience in new equipment or line installation or extension.
- Understanding of business case/cost benefits analysis preparation and basic financial analysis tools.
- Ability to influence situations without direct control of resources.
- Proven competencies with budgeting procedures and management of costs.
- Good understanding and experience of current WC manufacturing methodologies.
- Good understanding of HQSE modalities and codes.
- Good understanding of GMP and GHK (5S) standards.
- Good oral communication, influencing, and relationship skills.
Key Competencies / Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage multi-level resources and operations.
- Problem-Solving Skill.
- Planning and Execution Skills.
- Negotiation Skill.
- Change Management.
- Capability Improvement.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- Equipment Reliability.
- Engineering Practices and Maintenance Management.
- Technical Leadership.
- Analytical Problem-Solving Skills.
- Training and Development.
- Negotiation Skills.
- People Management Skills.
- Cost Management Skills.
- CMMS, EXIM, MP2, MaintEdge, SAP PM, Navision.
- Cost Leadership.
- Spares Management.
- Project Management.
- Process Reliability.
- Maintenance Work Management.
- Business Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- To apply, please submit your updated CV and application using the link above.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment and interview.
- We are an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Join us at Seven-Up Bottling Company, where innovation, teamwork, and continuous improvement are valued as we lead the industry with excellence.
Application Deadline 22nd July, 2023.