PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Procurement – Wilmar
Job Requisition ID: JR001174
Location: Ikorodu Factory, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
- This role will closely support the Managing Director in driving the Procurement function, acting as a key member of the team by leading the team’s robust application of key category management, industry/ Economic/Supplier Analysis, Value chain mapping.
- Responsible for developing/ agreeing with internal customer. Service level Agreements. Risk Management programme and appropriate supply measurement tools to assist in driving continuous improvement.
- Development and maintenance of a comprehensive system of procurement intelligence, which will enable the effective management of the supply base within all categories.
- Boldly drive increase in the level of local sourcing of raw materials to grow capability and capacity utilization of local industries, by increasing local content raw material sourcing through sourcing strategies that give high priority to local raw materials.
- Monitoring, analysis, and evaluation of intelligence to identify value creating opportunities within the supply chain.
- Support development of category strategies then implement and execute strategy.
- Provide the key local interface between the supplier and internal customers to facilitate the resolution of supplier non-conformance and manage supplier escalation/ re-scheduling.
- In conjunction with Procurement manager develop and execute procurement strategies.
- Transactional and operational support to procurement activities. Provide input into financial budgeting and strategic planning process also.
Internal & External Relationships:
- Identify the most significant ones
- Attach a preferred suppliers list if available
- Detail which networks the jobholder will be part of e.g., finance, category
- Head of Manufacturing
- Production team
- Operation, Supply & Distribution Team
- Engineering and Maintenance Team
- The role holder will work closely with Wilmar Africa Procurement team and will be required to regularly seek guidance from the team from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed:
- University Degree in any commercial biased-discipline, with proven relevant 7+ years post qualification — including some quality procurement—functional experience within a forward thinking, fast-paced and value —adding blue —chip FMCG environment.
- List any qualifications required to do the job
- Be specific about the experience needed
- Focus on type of experience not the time served
- Professional procurement qualification desirable (GIPS/ISM/MBA), and capable of rapidly developing full understanding of world-class procurement systems and practices, including all PZ Wilmar of category management processes and associated tools.
- Strong commercial acumen, with excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills, both verbal and written with ability to readily engage and influence a range of colleagues and senior stakeholders.
- Analytical, numerical, enthusiastic, tenacious. Sound commercial awareness and the ability to contribute to the wider business process outside immediate functional responsibilities.
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to prepare clear and professional presentations or report for utilization at senior levels within PZ Wilmar.
- Possess excellent Quantitative Analysis skills.
- Good knowledge of financial management.
- Experience in independently handling procurement functions for organization of similar size for at least 2 years
- FMCG background is a plus.
- Ability to exploit opportunities to gain best value in procurement and supplier management within PZ Wilmar
- Able to deal with ambiguity and manage multiple relationships in a multi-cultural environment with an ability to take criticism and learn from feedback.
- Strong IT skills base, including intermediate proficiency in office applications.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th November, 2023.