Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management Officer – Nigeria Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE)
Duration: 1 year, with the possibility of extension for 1 additional year
Project Overview and Role
- The objective of the SCALE project is to support civil society organizations (CSOs) and business membership organizations (BMOs) across all of USAID/Nigeria’s programmatic sectors with a basket of managerial, business strengthening, and advocacy capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed upon priorities
- The activity is designed to enhance local civil society organizations’ ability to be positive and responsible change agents in Nigeria.
- The SCALE project requires a highly motivated Knowledge Management (KM) Officer (KMO) to join its Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Unit to develop, coordinate and manage the project’s KM Strategy and procedures, and advance the project’s efforts to surface and share stories, evidence and learning from project interventions.
- In this capacity, the KMO will be responsible for effectively managing and disseminating project knowledge, fostering information sharing, and enhancing project visibility through strategic communications
- This is an existing role that requires a dynamic individual with strong communication, especially social media and website management) research, and coordination skills. This position provides a unique opportunity for someone who is interested in how technology can help advance dissemination, learning, and networking
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning unit to develop a KM Strategy for SCALE and ensure its alignment with project goal and objectives.
- Develop and manage innovative and cost-effective online and offline KM tools and systems to consolidate, compile and disseminate information and knowledge generated from SCALE and its various partners.
- Manage and maintain a strong project brand and visual identity across various communication channels in compliance with USAID Graphics and Standard Manual
- Coordinate, plan, and provide administrative support of periodic web-based meetings (webinars)
- Coordinate the development and email distribution of SCALE newsletters and other external communications
- Maintain web-based databases; edit and revise website page layouts; assist with audience surveys; organize and archive SCALE documents.
- Support preparation of high-quality project reports and documentation.
- Develop and manage SCALE technical folders, databases and information systems and social media platforms.
- Serve as SCALE focal point for managing information requests.
- Keep abreast of development in the tools, trends, and practices in knowledge management to strengthen the capacity of SCALE and its partners in KM.
- Work closely with key partners to create networks and communities of practice for knowledge management and knowledge-sharing.
- Manage the project Management Information System and initiate a Learning and KM Hub for SCALE
- Coordinate the communication of key messages, success stories, best practices, and lessons learned.
- Develop and disseminate information to familiarize target audiences with the project’s activities and learning.
- Collect and analyze data and results and evaluate progress in support of the project’s Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) plan.
- Ensure the quality, consistency and appropriateness of SCALE knowledge products and communication materials that are developed, produced, and disseminated to various audiences.
- Undertakes other tasks as assigned.
- A Degree in Communications, Social Sciences, Knowledge Management, Public Policy Communications, or related field.
- Experience in program management or team leadership
- Strong in written and spoken English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to connect with people and continuously expand networks to other knowledgeable persons
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required
- Competency in graphic design software and understanding of website design and User Interface experience is desirable.
- Progressively responsible experience in knowledge management, monitoring, evaluation, and learning and/or communications and knowledge management tasks for development projects.
- Advanced competency in working in a web-based environment
- Strong familiarity with social media tools and online social networking
- Strong knowledge of the development industry
- Learning skills including conceptual thinking, analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to conduct in-depth evaluation and analysis of complex issues
- Strong organizational skills and strategic thinking; attention to detail; flexible and able to work efficiently with multiple tasks.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- We cannot offer sponsorship for the position. To be considered for this role, all applicants must have the right to work and live in Nigeria permanently
- Applications from individuals without the current right to work in Nigeria will not be considered
- This position will be based in our Abuja office only. Applicants from outside Abuja are welcome but will need to relocate at their own expense as no relocation package is available.