Junior Brewer at International Breweries Plc
International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Brewer
Location: Onitsha, Anambra
Employment Type: Full-time
Key Purpose of the Role
- The key purpose of this role encompasses strong support towards the SDCA activities within the brewing department.
- The role is intended to fulfill the development activities post the traineeship which encompasses support of brewing routines, acting roles within the brewing department, completion of KPI value adding project work and to obtain experiential learning within the brewing department.
Key Outputs and Responsibilities
- Acting roles with agreed learning outcomes by the employee, the direct line manager, Zone coordinators and Zone L&D specialists
- Selection and planning (with zone and line manager approval) of a Key KPI improvement project, and/or appropriate Implementation Project
- Integrating into the brewing department/ respective acting departments throughout employment in role, with full exposure to leadership levels within the department
- Form the first line of support to the shift teams in the problem-solving Relay, prior to the BAM review.
- Find root causes where prior reviews could not, escalate as required, as well as provide the required support and coaching on problem solving. Involvement in the loop closure of root causes is also required
- Supporting ATO at Operator Level and staying compliant to the ATO plan developed in conjunction with the Brewery Leadership team in accordance with the VPO Maintenance Pillar
- Undertake on the completion of relevant OWDs in support of the BAM and drive the continuous improvement activities reached through OWDs
- Provide admin and reporting support to the BAM
- Support the utilisation of GOPs within the brewing department and assist in the tracking of activities driving GOP compliance and improvements
- Partake in sensory routines, as well as support tracebacks and traceability exercises required for problem solving and continuous improvements
- Support financial visibility and management against BOM’s when needed
- Lead and conduct project work related to Key KPI improvement and/or appropriate Implementation Project.
- This project needs to be selected and agreed with the respective line manager, subject to approval by ZBQ leadership.*Initial Project scope framework to be compiled by JB and presented back to Zone & BOP Director, following a defined framework (DMAIC)
- The plan must be accompanied by a detailed plan and success criteria which must translate into KPI improvement.
- The improvement work must be subject to monthly reviews with the Plant Manager, Brewing Manager, BTE as well as the Zone L&D and ZBQ Coordinator.
- Capability must be shown through improvement of KPIs through the use of prescribed VPO practices.
- Adherence to AB InBev and global brewing quality standards.
- Through complete integration within the department, the individual is required to partake in leadership meetings and engagements, contributing to department strategy and decision making.
- Through prescribed VPO practices, facilitate team problem solving and decision making.
- Act in positions to gain experiential training in leading teams and applying VPO tools in order to deliver on key Departmental priorities. All acting roles need to be preceded with a signed off learning plan with the BTE and Zone and accompanied by feedback on monthly check ins with the Plant Manager, Brewing Manager, Brewing Technical Expert and Zone L&D and ZBQ coordinators.
- The incumbent must ensure that this role is fully integrated into the department, and is represented in the leadership team of this department
- The role is subject to scheduled progress review by the Zone Brewing Manager, Zone L&D and ZBQ Coordinators, Brewing Manager, Brewing Area Managers and Brewing Technical Experts.
- B.Sc Degree or equivalent in Biological Sciences, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering. IBD Certification as added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Brewing Process Operations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified