Rand Merchant Bank (RMB), a division of FirstRand Bank Limited, is a leading African corporate and investment bank and part of one of the largest financial services groups in Africa. We offer our clients innovative, value-added advisory, funding, trading, corporate banking and principal investing solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Transactional Banking Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The essence of this role is to lead the transaction banking unit, originating and enabling transactional sales, implementing channel solutions, and cross-selling transaction banking products in the RMB Treasury and Trade Solutions Corporate Banking segment to achieve transaction banking revenue goals.
The successful candidate will:
- Drive transactional banking strategy and products, ensuring the objectives are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for formulating and executing the TXB strategy and ensuring the team delivers on the approved budget numbers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with business partners to strengthen collaborative working relations to improve the effective and efficient execution of sector sales objectives in line with Transactional business requirements.
- Understand client’s needs and demands by providing targeted solutions within our regulatory framework and Marco environment.
- Drive the sales and origination efforts to convert existing and acquire new clients to become transactional banking clients of the bank.
- Understand critical competitors, new technologies, sector dynamics, and vital macro-environmental forces to analyze and identify sector-wide opportunities and challenges for transactional sales.
- Price solutions appropriately within the context of broader relationship pricing to ensure profitability and competitive positioning (with support of Pricing and Product)
- Display an in-depth knowledge of relevant systems and interdependencies between these systems.
- Assess the effectiveness of Sales tactics by measuring revenue target achievements, qualified leads, reduced sales cycles, and value creation for the client.
- Understand the critical micro-environmental impacts and relationships, i.e., client performance trends, client financial data, and competitive positioning in the sector to identify relevant sales solution tactics;
- Contribute to attaining the TxB budget by formulating annual tactics for the industry to enable enhanced revenue growth. This planning is in collaboration with TxB Product teams, other Corporate Banking teams, and Coverage Leads the transactional banking team to success by ensuring the team is well motivated with clear KPIs to deliver on budget.
- Provide consistent, professional, and superior delivery of TxB offerings and client management disciplines including pipeline ownership, RFP responses, proactive proposals, presentations, call reports, lead generation, and channel implementation oversight.
Qualifications & Experience
- The successful candidate should have an Undergraduate Degree qualification in a relevant discipline with at least 15 years of relevant working experience within a bank, preferably a Nigerian or financial institution.
- In a same/similar role focused on delivering results and meeting/exceeding sales targets
- Track record of entrenched relationships within a portfolio of Nigerian clients
- Ability to engage and persuade senior client stakeholders, e.g., CFO and treasurer.
- Extensive experience in sales
- A strong understanding of bank operations, trade finance, and local regulations is required.
In-depth understanding of:
- TxB value Proposition
- TXB products, relevant systems, and processes
- TxB product knowledge
- TxB banking/payments and clearing
- Treasury/cash management and working capital ratios
- Portfolio management and the sales lifecycle
- Self-driven and results-oriented. Maintain high activity levels, meet deadlines, and produce consistently high-quality output.
- Ability to build sound relationships based on trust, effective communication, strong work ethics, deadline-driven, adaptability, and being a team player. Additionally, being client and solution-oriented, persistent, and self-motivated are key qualities for success.
- Set demanding goals with a strong character, integrity, confidence, pleasant, and always well-presented.
- Ability of decision-making to make fair and firm decisions based on facts and logic. Persuasive in selling ideas/products and creating a transfer of enthusiasm.
- Effective communication, organization, problem-solving, time management, discipline, attention to detail, and flexibility to create impactful proposals and negotiate win-win agreements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.