Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory Assistant
Job type: Full-time (Hybrid)
- Inventory Assistant works closely with the Order Fulfilment and Logistics Officer to support the company’s inventory management operations.
- He/she is responsible for managing all inventory, and inventory control activities; primarily for the safety and security of all materials within the storage facilities of Interswitch Limited in accordance with the company’s Procurement and Supply Chain Policy. This includes stock tracking, data entry, labelling and safe storage of stock, and coordinating with various departments to ensure smooth inventory operations.
- He/ she executes these inventory control measures to ensure the company minimizes stock holding/ losses, maximizes benefits of operating a stock system and to maintain a high level of record accuracy.
- He/she is responsible for the effective execution of all activities in the storage facilities, and related activities involving direct interface with maintenance, repair, operations of plant, equipment and facilities or direct interface with the various arms of business of the Interswitch Group on related matters.
- This role also ensures that there is effective and efficient movement of materials for stocking, inbound or outbound delivery, maintenance, repairs, operations, and for the enablement of business activities of the Interswitch Group.
- Inventory Control: Assist in maintaining accurate inventory records, including stock levels, item descriptions, and locations, using inventory management systems or spreadsheets.
- Stock Tracking: Monitor stock levels, track inventory movements, and assist in conducting regular physical counts to ensure accurate stock control.
- Computer Systems: responsible for all inventory related operations in Dynamics AX to ensure proper entry of each transaction representing receipt, issue, movement, shipment, stock count sheet generation and stock count execution/ reconciliation, Inventory Rate of Accuracy (IRA), Goods Received Notes (GRN)/ Delivery Notes/ Waybills/ Gate Passes are issued, and handling of materials.
- Data Entry: Accurately enter inventory-related data, including purchase orders, receipts, transfers, and adjustments, into the inventory management system.
- Replenishment Support: Assist in monitoring inventory levels and coordinating with the procurement team to initiate purchase orders for replenishment as needed.
- Order Processing: Collaborate with the sales and fulfillment functions to process orders, pick, and pack inventory items, and ensure timely and accurate order fulfillment.
- Documentation and Reporting: Assist in generating inventory reports, including stock status reports, stock movement summaries, and discrepancy reports, for review by the Order Fulfilment and Logistics Officer. Support monthly Financial Reporting and issue monthly reports on areas of responsibility, challenges, and progress to management.
- Provide routine management information on inventory performance.
- Monitor and evaluate consumables usage.
- Monitor & evaluate material utilization and scrap.
- Inventory Analysis and Reporting: analyze inventory data to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for improvement in inventory management processes, and report same to management.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with inventory-related policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements, such as proper handling, labeling, and documentation of inventory items.
- Collaborative Communication: Liaise with various departments, including procurement, sales, warehouse, and finance, to address inventory-related inquiries, resolve discrepancies, and facilitate smooth workflow.
- Process Improvement: Identify areas for process improvement in inventory management and propose solutions to enhance operational efficiency and accuracy.
- Manages suppliers warranty program.
- Warehouse/ storeroom organization, layout, and capacity management.
- Storage of Materials: Ensures that materials in the warehouse/ storerooms are stored properly, inspected, and cared for through general material handling and warehousing principles.
- Responsible for and reviews the daily organization and operation of the warehouse/ storeroom, ensuring that the warehouse/ storeroom is fully capable and functional in its layout and capacity to adequately support the material needs of maintenance, operations, and business units.
- Be responsible for managing and running planned stock takes. Perform cyclic or periodic stock checks. Ensure integrity and accuracy of the stock management system.
- OHS/ SOP: responsible for ensuring employees in their respective functional areas have adequate training and tools necessary to meet the requirements of the HSE procedures and SOPs.
- Warehouse/ Storeroom Security: Oversees security through continuous monitoring of the security program, frequent review of physical and logical security measures, and recommends modifications to the program as required.
- Staging and Delivery of Materials: responsible for the staging and kitting of materials to support Customer Orders and Planning, timely delivery of materials to customer, project or maintenance sites, preparations for shipment of items as required, and preparation of materials for processing to scrap for disposal.
- Obsolescence: monitor obsolete and non-moving materials to identify and recommend items for disposition. Responsible for the preparation of items as required for sale, return, or scrapping.
- Housekeeping/5S – Responsible for and participate in maintaining a clean and organized Storeroom as well as any point-of-use inventory storage areas.
- Manage and maintain the company’s material and stocked product inventory including stock profiles, labeling, and stock locations.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- A First Degree in Inventory Management or related fields are a plus.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an inventory or administrative role.
- Proficiency in using inventory management software and familiarity with data entry and spreadsheet applications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified