Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Digital Recharge & E-Payment
Job type: Full-time (Hybrid)
- Responsible for leading as well as managing the overall Digital Recharge and Electronic business in Airtel Nigeria and the management of the units cost of sales while remaining competitive across various channels including: Selfcare App, Airtel Website, ATMs, PoS Terminals, USSD, STK, CLS.
- Responsible for analysis, and defining the trade, strategic partnerships, vendors, customers, operations, market development and market requirements and trends to ensure that Airtel Nigeria remains relevant in this space and achieves set goals.
- Providing strategic leadership for provision of carrier and bulk Services for Financial Institutions (Push and Pull USSD services)
Business Development & Revenue:
- Develop Digital Recharge business plan that will deliver on the Digital Recharge vision of the company.
- Develop and propose Digital Recharge strategy and route-to-market plan that aligns to organizational focus for the financial year.
- Develop the strategy to achieve Digital Recharge revenue and contribution targets and support the execution of the targets by all partners.
- Engage Financial Switching & Aggregator Partners and consultants in service development.
- Position the *444# USSD, Self-Care, ERC and CLS channels to deliver 70% of Airtel’s total monthly recharge.
- Design the strategic framework that will deliver national coverage of ERC.
- Design the strategy that will ensure a 98% transaction success rate for *444 USSD channel.
- Define the objectives and KRAs for Carrier and bulk service for financial institutions.
- Develop strategies to drive revenue generation and achieve revenue targets.
- Define and develop the Go to Market strategy for Digital Recharge and support the team in executing same.
- Define the profile of a “profitable Digital Recharge Partner” support the engagement of partners with unique channel value proposition to drive retail points.
- Develop Regional strategies for the effective & efficient Digital Recharge presence in key cities.
- Develop an effective 360-degree communication plan for the different digital recharge channels to deliver high visibility and Top of the Mind Awareness of the channel.
- Ensure effective monitor to ensure strategies and plans deliver on their objectives.
- Capacity building for partners and staff.
- Develop and support the execution of the standards for Digital Recharge governance framework to ensure Healthy ROI.
- Determine and constantly review the criteria for Digital Recharge dealership in line with the unit’s development plan.
- Design compensation-based trade interventions that will achieve strategic business objectives.
- Design and strategic management of the incentive structure to maximize sales at an optimal cost.
Deliver on Channel and customer Satisfaction:
- Ensure the delivery of a success rate of 98% for *444# USSD channel.
- Conceptualize and design plans to position *444# USSD, Self-Care and ERC as the customers’ and trade first choice of recharge and support the execution across all Channels & functions.
- Develop viable plans to increase customer satisfaction based on analyzed customer and trade feedback.
- Track, measure and engage relevant stakeholders to eliminate challenges impacting performance across channels & functions.
Build a capable and motivated team:
- Provide direction for the team towards predetermined short and long-range goals and objectives. Review tasks and determine the best course of action to be pursued to obtain results as per agreed objectives.
- Provide support to enhance execution and delivery of agreed KPIs.
- Deploy relevant metrics to routinely monitor progress against targets and recommend appropriate remedial actions to ensure targets are met or exceeded.
Educational Qualification & Experience
- A First Degree or its equivalent in Computer science, Engineering, Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or Business-related discipline
- Strong channel development & sales background and in-depth knowledge of Electronic Payment & recharge system is highly desirable.
- Relevant experience in Telecom industry is desirable.
- 15 years of varied experience in Sales & Marketing with at least 5 years at management level handling independent businesses.
- Proven ability to analyze complex business issues and identify, design and implement effective practical recommendations.
- Able to handle, prioritize, multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to operate in a performance driven Organization.
Required Skills & Competencies:
- IT Literate.
- Strategic business consciousness.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively across a wide range of functions.
- People development/ management.
- Customer orientation.
- Excellent Channel Development & Sales skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Electronic Recharge Development.
- Electronic Recharge systems management.
- Product/ Service development & management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.