Humanitarian Affairs Officer at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Humanitarian Affairs Officer
Start Date: 14th June 2023
Contract Period: 6 months (Possibility of extension) OS01400
Contract: 208 working hours per month
- Contribute to the development of humanitarian affairs activities in the Mission by supporting the Management Coordination Team in the analysis of context, humanitarian situation, security and in the definition of advocacy strategies, according to MSF policies and values, in order to improve the humanitarian and human rights situation among population.
- Perform data collection and research concerning local and international context, with regards to security, medical, nutritional, and humanitarian issues, in order to provide reliable information for further decision-making.
- Support the Head of Mission and field coordinators in the analysis of the data collected, in order to better orientate the programmes and projects, to provide an optimal response to population needs.
- Compile regular updates of the ongoing (inter-)national activities and plans of NGO’s, UN, ICRC, donors, authorities and other actors on lobby, policy and operational plans and initiatives in order to adequate MSF ’s activities and objectives.
- Collaborate with the HoM, the Operational/Humanitarian Affairs Department at HQ and other relevant parties to develop a coherent global strategy, in order to address the humanitarian situation.
- Contribute to protection risk analysis of populations affected by crisis in project location in colaboration with social workers and community engagement
- Regular communication and colloboration with CE managers in the implementation of the mission advoacy and protection strategy.
- Organize discussions, trainings, briefings, etc. about human rights and humanitarian law issues and current and future advocacy activities, in order to raise awareness of MSF staff regarding these matters.
- Promotes and assists in the implementation of advocacy activities locally, nationally and internationally.
- Supervises humanitarian affairs related staff in the Mission.
- Define and review messages, tools, lobbying activities and other advocacy action plans and strategies, in order to raise all humanitarian issues in the mission and seek assistance and protection to affected population during regular and emergency interventions
- Ensure smooth working relationship with local authorities, other NGO’s, local communities and other factors, in order to facilitate MSF teams a better access to the population and improve MSF activities’ coordination with third parties.
- Essential Degree in Law, Humanitarian Affairs, Political Sciences or related University Degree.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in research, analysis and advocacy.
- Essential experience with MSF or other NGOs, in developing countries
- Mission language essential. Local language desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Gross Monthly Salary – According to MSF National
- Salary: Scale
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th June, 2023.