Head, Finance at The Lagos State Employment Trust Fund
The Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (“LSETF” or “the Fund”), was established by The Lagos State Employment Trust Fund Law 2016 to provide financial support to residents of Lagos State, for job, wealth creation and to tackle unemployment. LSETF serves as an instrument to inspire the creative and innovative energies of all Lagos residents and reduce unemployment across the State. The Fund has the mandate to directly invest N25Billion in helping Lagos residents grow and scale their Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (“MSMEs”) or acquire skills to get better jobs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Finance
- Responsible for overseeing the Finance unit of the Fund, including overseeing cash flow planning, preparing, and reviewing budgets, as well as preparing the Fund’s books.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement strategies and mechanisms to safeguard the fund’s financial assets
- Liaise with all relevant head to develop the Fund’s annual corporate budget and the allocation of financial resources
- Coordinate the proactive monitoring and reporting of budget positions of all the departments and units
- Coordinate the development and implementation of finance and accounting policies, processes, and procedures in line with leading practices
- Coordinate the identification of risks and medium to long term financial implications of intended corporate projects/initiatives and provide relevant advice to the fund’s executive management.
- Oversee the timely, accurate generation of relevant financial information/reports to aid the Fund’s executive management strategic decision making.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of the Fund’s financial statements in line with relevant statutory requirements and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Keep abreast of changes and updates to financial regulations.
- Continuously review the Finance department’s activities and make recommendations for improvement to the Head, Finance and Corporate services & reporting of product & program performance.
- Manage expenditure/transactions in line with the Fund’s approved financial authority limits.
- Ensure optimal capital expenditure for the Fund and ensure the fund has sufficient liquidity to meet its medium-term requirements and obligations
- Develop, articulate, and implement procedures and controls to ensure that the Fund’s financing requirements are proactively anticipated and met at a reasonable cost.
- Ensure effective utilization of the financial resources of the Fund including achieving cost efficiency in line with its business objectives
Qualifications & Experience
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma certificate (minimum of lower credit) from a recognized higher institution. Master’s Degree will be an advantage. Professional Certification with MBA is acceptable
- Minimum of 8 years’ cognate experience in related function.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for the role:
- Financial Management Expertise.
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles.
- Business Acumen
- Communication Skills
- Business Writing; Presentation and Report Writing
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Programme/Project Management Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Customer Service & Relationship Management Skills
- Organization and Planning
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 29th December, 2023.