Finance Associate at UAC Foods Limited
UAC Foods Limited is a leading manufacturer and Marketer of tasty, nourishing convenience foods. The business is a joint venture between UACN Plc of Nigeria with 51% equity stake and Tiger Brands of South Africa with 49%. We are a quality conscious company and always aim to add value to our consumers with our rich basket of Snacks, Beverage and Dairies products. Our foremost act of social responsibility is the nutritious, hygienic and safe products that we consistently give to Nigerians.
Staffed with the right people in key Technical, Production and Customer Service Units coupled with our rich culture of innovation spanning many years, we have remained a dominant player in the food industry. Our company pioneered the Sausage Roll market in 1952 and for over 50 years, Gala has kept Nigerians going in their journey to success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Associate
- Prepare monthly statutory accounts, reports, and key reconciliations for the Corporate Centre. Manage the statutory accounts preparation and completion process in line with governance and reporting calendar. Perform detailed review of transactions and assess whether any key control issues exist.
- Identify, assess and, where appropriate recommend efficiency improvements.
- Ensure dividends received from subsidiary companies are promptly recorded in the books.
- Maintain relations with external and internal auditors, as well as other professional consultants. Investigating their findings, and implementing their recommendations for process improvements and managing relevant audits of the Company.
- Support in tax planning and compliance with all relevant tax legislations and procedures, resolution of all tax issues resulting from tax audits. Proactive analysis and management of the Company’s tax liabilities including all federal and state taxes.
- Keep abreast of financial risk within the Company’s treasury portfolio and explore financial instruments that may be utilized to mitigate risk.
- Overseeing business insurance plans and coverage analysis, and maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets.
- Ensuring adherence to accounting standards and legal compliance.
- Mentor and develop team, manage work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient high-performance team.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and project budgets and actual expenditures.
- Oversee all aspects of company accounts receivable and payable processes.
- Supervise and review the management of all activities related to financial accounting such as: review of journal entries in SAP; invoicing; refunds; purchasing; payroll; collection of accounts receivable; management and payment of suppliers; management and payment of contracts; assistance in the ongoing monitoring and management of banking relationships, cash flow analysis and the management of short and long term investments; performing bank and other key reconciliations.
- First Degree in Accounting or other related discipline.
- Professional accounting qualification such as ACA, ACCA.
- CFA certification, MBA or MSc. in relevant disciplines will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience.
- Strong technical IFRS accounting knowledge and good SAP/ERP knowledge.
- Strong financial accounting experience covering General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Tax and Treasury.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only candidates who meet the specifications will be contacted.