Field Coordinator at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Job Type: Full-Time
Duration: 12 months.
Proposed Start Date: 01-08-2023
- Under the management of the Deputy Country Director Operations, you are responsible for the overall management of operational aspects in support to the program team.
- The Field Coordinator will also work closely with technical coordinators to ensure proper planning and implementation of activities as per work plans, as well as ensuring that the mission’s procedures are respected and followed by the field teams, as well as serve as the Team Leader and Security focal person.
More precisely, your role is to:
- Manage and develop ACF Programming and Strategy in Yobe State through proper PCM (Project Cycle Management) follow-up and implementation of project activities while ensuring a good level of coordination and integration of new program assessments and project evaluations in project areas
- Ensure Safety & Security of ACF personnel and assets with risk analysis, updated security plans, a good security network, coordination with Crisis Management Team and briefing of all staff on security and context changes.
- Follow ACF Finance, Human Resources, and Logistics in LGAs of responsibility in Yobe state.
- Represent ACF on the field and adherence to Mandate, Charter and Principles.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and be responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
- You hold a Degree in Social Sciences or any relevant degree – a relevant Masters Degree is a plus.
- You are fluent in English and have a significant experience with INGOs in insecure setting on the same type of position.
- A previous experience with ACF in emergency and post-emergencies is an asset.
- You have excellent management skills specially of large-scale programme (HR, projects, stress management) and the ability to organize, train and motivate a multicultural team.
- You are diplomatic, a good negociator, disciplined and able to work independently with excellent drafting and written skills.
- Basic Salary: Starting from N1,175,742 per month
- Rent allowance: 50,000 Naira per month
- Relocation benefits: 120,000 Naira lump sum relocation allowance + 20 days accommodation allowance (10,000 Naira per night) + flight ticket from the home base to the working base at the beginning and end of the assignment
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies
- Delocalised staff in the field offices are entitled to 2 flight trips per year back to their state of origin (within Nigeria)
- Hardship allowance: 30,000 Naira per month
- Transportation allowance: 16,667 Naira per month
- Leave allowance: 10% of Basic Salary per month
- Pension: Employer contribution 10% of gross salary, Employee contribution 8% of gross salary
- Annual leave: 2 days per month
- Private health insurance: 100% health care coverage provided by the organization
- Private life assurance: 24/7 life assurance coverage provided by the organization
- Training: Free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.