ipNX Nigeria Limited – Over the years ipNX has been at the pioneering forefront of the ICT industry with a track record of innovativeness. Established in 2002, by a set of young visionary engineering professionals, ipNX was established with a strategic vision of empowering individuals and businesses through ICT like never before.
Our core operations was enterprise solutions led delivering bulk internet and data connectivity alongside other services to leading industries such as Oil and Gas, Banking and others until 2006, when a revolutionary retail market-based product (iwireless Broadband) was introduced which enabled us deliver reliable high-speed broadband internet, pioneering non-line-of-sight, plug and play and telephony all packaged in an indoor customer premises equipment. A move that has defined today’s fixed wireless retail market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Support Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
- This role is responsible for carrying out planned and contingency operations and maintenance (O&M) services in accordance with approved procedures and safety standards.
- Operations and Maintenance Manager
Expected Key Results (Detailed KPIs)
Customer Problem Resolution
- Identifies the root-cause of customer issue and advices on the best cause of action to resolve the issue.
- Identifies the resources needed to solve the issue and estimates the effort required.
- Collaborates with other internal functions to ensure availability of resources required to resolve the issue and keep the customer up to date on intervention efforts and relevant timelines.
- Implements technical solution at customer site while ensuring quality work and customer-satisfaction.
Safety and Operations:
- Implements technical solution at Point of Presence sites in compliance with approved policies, procedures and work standards.
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery:
- Implements disaster recovery plan as and when needed.
Facility and Infrastructural Maintenance:
- Implements proactive maintenance and sets up system monitoring, to reduce equipment failure and incident response time.
- Maintains engineering equipment.
- Diagnoses network and device problems and implements technical or procedural solutions.
- Performs Quality Control on structured cabling and related projects on all sites and other ipNX Facility.
- Performs inventory of equipment and consumables required on all sites, ensuring availability and repair / return of same.
- Maintains accurate records of the condition of systems, equipment in all buildings, and inspections.
- Prepares regular reports on all POPs conditions, inspections and work orders as may be necessary.
Demonstrate (Key Competencies)
Educational Qualifications & Work Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical discipline.
- 3 years’ relevant experience in the IT/Telecommunications field.
- Engineering and Design
- Resources Management
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- (Additional requirements for AMs and above)
- Ensures Accountability
- Develops Talent
- Drives Engagement
- Drives Vision & Purpose
- Excellent Decision Quality.
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Nimble Learning
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th July, 2023.