Energy Manager at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Energy Manager
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for the identification, implementation and reporting of energy-saving opportunities across the FMN Group.
- Will assist to systemize energy conservation programs with the aim of reducing energy cost.
- Identify, assess, prioritize, and recommend to senior management energy-saving opportunity projects including both capital improvement projects and operational and maintenance changes. This will include the preparation of business cases to justify capital expenditures and the implementation of initiatives for energy-saving projects.
- Review existing energy study reports and perform a high-level assessment, including a walk-through audit of each major process area of each site, to identify energy-saving opportunities and to identify which systems will require more detailed evaluations. Benchmarking and tracking energy usage.
- Evaluate alternative energy scenarios based on sustainable sources such as PV systems and gas.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining the annual capital expenditure budget for all Energy Conservation projects across FMN Group. Participate in quarterly forecasting exercises to maintain an updated project pipeline to ensure accurate implementation of expected budget execution.
- Provide a database and an energy tracking and monitoring system for each Facility/process that captures current monthly energy consumption and an electrical load inventory of major equipment. Managing the collection of in-house and utility meter readings.
- B.Eng./HND in Electrical /Electronic Engineering.
- Professional certification as a Certified Energy Manager (CEM).
- Professional membership in COREN is an added advantage.
The Person Must
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Pay great attention to detail and have strong analytical skills.
- Be highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks and complete multiple simultaneous projects on deadlines.
- Be able to lead, manage, coach and teach others & also capable of working independently.
- Have strong quantitative and technical skills.
- 4-5 years of cognate experience.
- Energy audit experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply