PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Demand Manager
Location: Head Office, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Create and maintain the appropriate master data in APO for Demand planning.
- Follow up with Customer services and Deployment Planner to maintain system hygiene and health to ensure that demand signals are not polluted.
- Use historical sales trend to generate baseline statistical forecasts
- Responsible for the sales forecasting by working closely with other sales & marketing people in the demand planning phase of each months Business planning cycle.
- Participate actively in the NPD stage and gate process to ensure that EPDs are properly phased out before the launch of NPDs to reduce the risk of obsolesce.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales by providing and receiving input on a regular basis regarding product launches, portfolio optimization, rationale of commercial decisions, promotions, customer behavior and other sales drivers.
- Establishes and maintains forecast analysis and reports for business decision making.
- Work with other colleagues in Commercial and Supply to achieve the business forecast accuracy Target for stable and unstable SKUs
- Co-ordinate the Monthly Forecast Consensus Meeting and follow up with team members on the actions that were agreed during the meeting.
- Load the agreed forecast volumes into APO before 5pm on the 1st Friday of every new month
- Makes decisions regarding abnormal demand, working closely with the supply manager on product availability issues.
- Proactively identify demand forecast risks and develop effective mitigation plans in collaboration with the commercial team.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of University Degree or equivalent in Finance or Business.
- 3 to 5 years Planning experience in an FMCG environment. Demand planning experience will be an advantage.
- Meticulous and analytical approach to data
- Good interpersonal, facilitation and Communication Skills
- Be innovative and proactive.
- Be assertive, courageous, and persistent.
- Two years relevant operational experience in at least one of the following areas – Sales, Customer Service, Supply Planning, Marketing, Finance (Business Planning / Dynamic Forecasting)
- Expert Level proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel
- Relevant certification is an additional advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified