British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Merchandiser
Job Type: Full Time
Seniority Level: Non-management
Role Positioning and Objectives
- You will be a member of the Trade Marketing & Distribution department, which is responsible for the implementation of the route to market strategy.
- This includes ensuring product availability, visibility, volume, margin, quality, and retail pricing are properly implemented and monitored.
- The job is also about identification of new opportunities and the initiation, development, and deployment of trade programmes.
What You Will be Accountable For
Your day-to-day activity is to:
- Ensure the effective and efficient execution of marketing activities in the defined territory and extended coverage area
- Serve as part of a ‘Tactical Response Team’, positioned to address situations arising within the market, as well as business needs. In this regard, direction to be provided by Area Manager, TMDM or Regional Manager
- Execute basic TM&D activities in the outlets located within the territory in order to meet company objectives as described in the cycle plan (visibility, availability, freshness, consumer contacting etc)
- Achieve volume and distribution targets through direct selling (Top-up stock), management of the rural wholesale customer and monitoring of van sales.
- Improve the company’s corporate image by operating at the highest business ethics, environmental, health and safety standards using the IMP as a guide
Your People Responsibility will be:
- Supporting Rural wholesale business expansion by providing Trade marketing support for the DSS rep attached.
- Engaging local government officials, transport/ traffic agencies and other stakeholders to avoid disruption of BAT operations in the defined rural territory.
- Supporting Van Reps to achieve high performance by developing new routes and giving TM&D support to existing outlets.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Candidate must have an OND / HND qualification from any reputable polytechnic.
- Driving Skills
- Knowledge of Rural towns and road networks is desirable
- Understanding of the local languages in territory is a plus.
- Should have basic Selling, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining relationships with consumers, retailers and semi wholesaler
- Knowledge of redistribution concept, business reporting and communication
- Fluency in English
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified