TradeDepot is a Digital B2B Commerce and embedded finance company headquartered in San Francisco, California. At TradeDepot we are building the largest digital network of retail outlets in Africa and changing the way mega Consumer Goods Brands distribute products to over 5 million retail stores on the continent. Our mission is to be “The SUPPLY PARTNER of Africa’s retail outlets” by using technology to give the retailers what they want, and when they want it.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Risk Officer
- As Credit Risk Officer, you will be responsible for assessing, analyzing, and managing credit risk.
- Your primary objective is to ensure that the institution’s lending and credit-related activities are conducted in a prudent and responsible manner to minimize the potential for financial losses due to borrower defaults.
- Evaluate credit applications, financial statements, and other relevant documentation to determine the creditworthiness of borrowers.
- Use credit scoring models and risk assessment tools to make informed lending decisions.
- Analyze historical and projected financial data to assess repayment capacity.
- Identify, measure, and assess credit risk in the institution’s loan portfolio.
- Monitor market trends and economic conditions to anticipate potential credit risks.
- Evaluate industry-specific and borrower-specific risk factors.
- Ensure that all credit-related activities adhere to internal policies, and best practices.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of credit policies and procedures. Stay updated on industry trends, market conditions, and emerging credit risk management practices to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reports on credit risk metrics and trends for senior management.
- Prepare monthly reports as mandated by regulatory requirements.
- Provide recommendations for risk mitigation strategies based on analysis.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of credit decisions, borrower information, and risk assessments.
- Collaborate with various teams, including credit analysts, underwriters, and legal counsel, to facilitate the credit approval process.
- Collaborate with collection teams to manage delinquent accounts and minimize credit losses
- Communicate credit decisions and recommendations to management and other relevant stakeholders for approval
- Follow through credit decisions and communicate with the relevant stakeholders. Ensure drawdown has occurred and payments have been made in the expected manner
Training and Development:
- Stay current with industry trends, best practices, and regulatory changes.
- Provide training and guidance to junior credit officers and other staff members.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or a related field
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to make sound, well-informed decisions.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Knowledge of credit risk assessment techniques and financial analysis.
- Familiarity with credit scoring models and risk management software.
What’s on Offer?
- Attractive Salary & Benefits
- Strong opportunities to progress your career.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Due to volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 1st December, 2023.