Community Service Officer at Helen Keller International
Helen Keller International is a global health organization dedicated to eliminating preventable vision loss, malnutrition, and diseases of poverty. Cofounded by Helen Keller – and guided by her fierce optimism and belief in human potential – the organization delivers life-changing health solutions to vulnerable families where the need is great but access to care is limited. In the US, Africa, and Asia, Helen Keller’s proven, science-based programs empower people to create opportunities in their own lives and build lasting change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Service Officer
Employment Type: Full time
Scope of the Position
- The Community Service Officer will be responsible for facilitating community engagement and development activities, fostering positive relationships between the organization and the local community.
- The successful candidate will play a key role in implementing community service initiatives, promoting social welfare, and addressing the needs of community members.
- Plan, organize, and implement community service programs and activities in collaboration with local stakeholders and community leaders.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement community development plans that align with organizational goals and objectives.
- Prepare reports and documentation on community service activities, progress, and outcomes for internal and external stakeholders.
- Engage with community members to identify their needs, concerns, and priorities, and develop targeted strategies to address them.
- Coordinate and lead outreach efforts to promote community participation and involvement in various initiatives.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels with community members, local authorities, and partner organizations.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of community service programs, collecting feedback and data to assess effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
Required Qualifications / Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Community Development, Nutrition, Sociology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in community service, community development, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing community programs and initiatives.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded programs or organizations strongly preferred.
- Proven experience in community engagement, development, or social work.
- Strong understanding of community dynamics needs assessment, and program development.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently, demonstrating initiative and leadership when necessary.
- Empathy, cultural sensitivity, and a genuine interest in serving the needs of the community.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities effectively.
- Comfortable working in a matrixed, integrated work environment.
- Skilled in developing and managing new and effective partnerships facilitating meetings, and effectively participating in technical working groups.
- Ability to apply monitoring and evaluation plans to determine activity results and monitor impact.
- Familiarity with local community resources, services, and support networks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software applications for documentation and reporting purposes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with diverse community members.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 15th December, 2023.