At Air Peace Limited, we continuously strive for excellence in all we do. Through our people we are able to attain higher heights because their unique strengths and experiences help us turn challenges into opportunities. We employ the best talent and provide a great opportunity and environment for them to display their best skills in a service driven environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: Center for Reservation Control
Reports to: Head Of Commercial and Business Development
- Prepare commercial contracts and negotiate commercial terms for business development.
- Track and monitor commercial performances with a view to increasing revenue and earnings across the business.
- Effectively research and analyze all areas of commercial portfolios to reflect business needs and identify new areas for growth.
- Identify new routes based on industry data.
- Minimizing risks and ensuring a cost-effective approach.
- Demonstrate leadership and provide active coaching and support to the commercial team.
- Lead sales and marketing strategies.
- Establish and manage innovative projects from idea generation to innovation execution.
Central Reservation System:
- Help develop, lead, and deploy a central reservation system
- Creation and publication of flights, routes, and connecting airports.
- Plan unit of sales traffic and expectations
- Monitor load factor and revenue flew per day of the week.
- Ensuring system data matches the published schedule.
- Ensuring system integrity
- Provide overall guidance on system use and Helpdesk on critical system-specific matters.
- Knowledge of the Hititcs reservation as an added advantage
- Identify special events, religious festivals, sports events, holiday periods, etc, and enter them in the holiday and special event calendar (HSE).
- Management and control of reservation inventory in a way that increases company profitability given the flight schedule and fare structure available.
Pricing and Inventory Control:
- Lead price setting and pricing reviews
- Ensure timely wash-up of all flights to maximize sales.
- Setting overbooking profile.
- Setting group quote pricing structure.
- Charter negotiations
- Monitor competitors availability and adjust allocations according to the marketing strategy.
- Updating of fares and taxes
- Management and control of reservation inventory to increase business profitability.
- Develop, document, and implement business plans, processes, and procedures. Structuring the commercial department into various units.
- Ensure seamless relationship between out-stations and the Commercial team to enhance business development.
- Align with the Accounts department for checks and balances.
- Advising the company on promotional offers and strategies
- Oversee business extensions in terms of Co-operate alliances & Travel Agency.
- Coordinate sales process and systems training for new recruits and refresher training for existing personnel.
- Monitor and manage Customer Service and customer satisfaction process flow.
- Develop a high-performance service culture within the business.
- Develop KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
- Conduct performance appraisal.
- Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of business targets.
- Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department.
- Ability to manage ticket sales in the Airline Industry
- Ability to lead price setting and price reviews.
- Ability to ensure timely wash-up of all flights to maximize sales.
- Good and vast knowledge of the Airline industry with regard to the reservation system
- Must be a person of high integrity.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to develop working partnerships with all staff in airlines at the airport. Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment. Must be smart enough to take critical decisions within a very short time limit.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software especially CRANE
- Excellent and strong client-facing and communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent managerial skills and good research skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Commercial Manager” as the subject of the email,
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted
Application Deadline 19th May, 2023.