Capability Development Manager at BUA Group
BUA Group is a leading Foods & Infrastructure Conglomerate in Nigeria with diversified investments spanning key sectors of the Nigerian sector. At BUA, we hire collaborative problem- solvers with a self-motivational drive from all backgrounds and provide training, unlocking opportunities to advance in your career path within the organization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Capability Development Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- To provide an integrated Human Resources service with respect to Manpower planning and recruitment, in line with directives, policies, and procedures of the Company and to improve the performance levels of the employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy, particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Drive learning and development initiatives, and related cost management
- Conduct periodic inspections to examine the conditions of the Company’s facilities and ensure that maintenance contractors adhere to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manage 3rd party (Outsourced) contracts.
- Manage the talent acquisition process, which includes advertisement, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, and professional roles; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Oversee and manage the entire performance appraisal system that drives high performance and ensures full success across the group
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
- Recommend learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Develop and monitor overall HR systems, tactics, and procedures across the organization
- Provide periodic report to management to provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure all job descriptions are updated and valid
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum: Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 5-10 Years progressive experience in HR Practice
- Professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Evidence of continuous learning and personal development
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices.
Skills & Competencies:
- Business Acumen
- Project & Change Management skills
- Demonstrable skills In Human Resources metrics/ Analytics
- Proven working experience in HR Deputy/Assistant Manager grade levels.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Effective listening, excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Admirable interpersonal skills with a strong customer satisfaction orientation
- Attention to Details
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office suites
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline Noon on Friday; 18th July, 2023.