Business Support Assistant G5 (ICT) at The United Nations World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Support Assistant G5 (ICT)
Requisition ID: 830650
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time
With direct reporting to Head of IT and SCOPE, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide administrative support to IT staff at Maiduguri; respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
- Receive, file, and track invoices; record Service Entry Sheet in the corporate ERP (WINGS) and prepare payment request forms for Head of Unit’s certification; Fill petty cash, Operational advance, and MPO requests; forward invoices to Finance and follow up on payments.
- Liaise with Administration Unit and WFP travel agent to facilitate travel arrangements for the IT Unit staff; request travel advance (Daily Subsistence Allowance [DSA]) and prepare other required travel documentation.
- Liaise and follow-up with United Nations Humanitarian Air Services (UNHAS) to facilitate staff and cargo flight bookings.
- Ensure smooth and efficient information flow within the unit; prepare and process confidential information; and assist in the development of office administrative systems and procedures; organize Unit meetings and events; draft minutes and reports and circulate or distribute accordingly.
- Respond or draft responses to a wide range of correspondences and other communication; collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondences to support the effective work of colleagues.
- Maintain calendars and schedules including date tracker for IT-related contracts; monitor changes and communicate relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit.
- Prepare and track purchase requisitions (PRs) and enter Goods Received Note (GRN) upon receipt of equipment.
- Maintain staff movement records including leave and daily staff attendance.
- Be the Asset Focal Person for IT in Maiduguri and perform the following tasks:
- Receive assets and ensure that timely inspection and posting of Goods Receipt Note (GRN) in WINGS as well as timely labelling and recording in GEMS of these assets (i.e. perform these activities on the same day that asset(s) are received). GRNs will be raised where goods are first delivered to by the supplier.
- If the item is a Fixed Asset, ensure that the Asset Master Record (AMR) exists and linked to the Equipment Master Record (EMR). Ensure assets are created with correct values as per relevant Purchase Order (PO) and in line with WFP/IPSAS guidelines on valuation of assets.
- Ensure that all information is available for the correct accounting of software in GEMS, irrespective of whether it is internally generated or acquired from external sources.
- Update GEMS in a timely manner to ensure that the database reflects the actual state of the assets (i.e. location, assignee and any other relevant information).
Qualifications and Key Requirements
You should have:
You have a broad knowledge in:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience is required in the following:
Standard Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Education: First University Degree in Admin-related subjects (Business Administration / Politics / Safety and Security / Rule of Law / Finance, etc.) with qualifying relevant experience and/or training/courses is accepted in lieu of the First University degree.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language with excellent writings skill. Knowledge of Hausa local language is desirable.
More About You
You have a broad knowledge in:
- Supporting Administrative and operational activities that maintain security operations functions and feed into overall strategic aims.
- Working with word processing, spreadsheets, and relevant software packages, as well as in providing administrative support is desirable.
- Collating data, assisting in organizing Training, Conferences, and workshops, and drafting reports that inform security Administrative and operations activities. Must be computer literate.
- Development and humanitarian contexts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 28th December, 2023.