The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Requisition ID: 830002
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
- To support the delivery of professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Support HR operational activities or projects that are aligned to business needs, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Support for organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- ollate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Conduct straightforward data analysis under close guidance of a senior HR Officer, in order to support others on projects or contribute to process efficiencies and improvements.
- Respond to queries from managers and staff, understanding their issues and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Contribute to the effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements.
- Support staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Support and deliver onboarding activities to ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization.
- Provide support in building talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs, and organizing solutions to recruit, retain and develop a high-caliber workforce to deliver the business strategy.
- Other as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Advanced Degree with 1-year professional experience or first university Degree with 5 years professional experience (and/or training/courses) in one of the following disciplines: Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or another relevant field.
- Language: Working knowledge (proficiency/Level C) of English is required.
- Typically one or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
- Good communication skills are required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Experience in providing direction and instruction to more junior staff members within area of expertise. Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of HR best practices, techniques, and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
- Ability to support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
- Basic analytical ability to compile, maintain and analyze data, prepare reports and draw initial conclusions in support of work carried out by another officer; skills in developing sources for data collection.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th October 2023. 11:59 pm West Africa Time (WAT).