The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Webmaster (ECOSOCC)
Requisition ID: 1976
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Job Grade: P2
Contract Type: Regular
Reports to: Senior Communications Officer
Purpose of Job
- To provide technical support and advise in the development, maintenance and updating of ECOSOCC website to promote communication and visibility of the Organ as well as the entire African Union.
- Contributing, through advice, to the effective translation of the AU’s objectives, principles and policies into concrete programmes, as well as evaluating those programmes
- Undertaking studies and making recommendations
- Contributing to the promotion and realization of the AU’s vision and objectives
- Contributing to the promotion of human rights, the rule of law, good governance, democratic principles, gender equality and child rights
- Promoting and supporting the efforts of institutions engaged in reviewing the future of Africa and forging pan-African values in order to enhance an African social model and way of life
- Fostering and consolidating partnership between the AU and CSOs
- Assuming functions referred to it by other AU organs.
- Update and back-up the ECOSOCC Website and continuously add new site elements and updates to existing pages to keep the website fresh and interesting.
- Develop the ECOSOCC Website Style Guide.
- Develop site-wide policies across all ECOSOCC web and social media pages to establish a particular cohesive style guide and layout.
- Create posters, logos, brochures, magazines and many other materials to communicate ideas and information visually.
- Illustrate concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submit them for approval.
- Train other ECOSOCC staff on using the content management system (CMS) and other online features.
- Establish and build good working relations with partners, service providers and other stakeholders in such a manner that promotes advancement of ECOSOCC’s visibility.
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned that contribute towards the promotion of objectives and fulfillment of the ECOSOCC mandate.
- Make sure all ECOSOCC website content is optimized for search engines to drive more traffic to pages.
- Track all website visitors and create regular analytic reports to show increases and decreases in traffic.
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools.
- Have an understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field from a reputable University with five (5) years progressive work experience in the related field
- Candidates with a Masters Degree will be required to have a minimum of two (2) years of progressive work experience in the related field.
- Working knowledge of programming languages and operating systems.
- Knowledge of website management tools.
- Knowledge of IT (Cyber) security.
- Conversant with Civil Society operations and procedures.
- Online marketing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to set priorities successfully, and work with other professionals to achieve goals within tight deadlines
- Strong ability to work closely with a multiplicity of stakeholders across various levels
- Ability to work and deliver high quality outcomes in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and pressure to perform.
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Accountability awareness and Compliance
- Learning Orientation.
- Communicating with Influence
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Job Knowledge and information sharing…
- Drive for result..
- Continuous Improvement Focus
Tenure of Appointment:
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of USD31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (44% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 16,819.80 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only candidates who meet all job requirements and are selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Consideration will be given only to those candidates who have submitted a fully completed online application with a curriculum vitae (CV), an African passport, and the required academic qualifications, such as Diplomas, Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s degrees and any relevant certificate in line with the area of expertise.
- The African Union is an equal opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 26th October, 2023; 11h59 p.m. EAT