The Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce is the foremost bilateral chamber in Nigeria. Our main objective has been the promotion of trade and investment between Nigeria and Britain since our inception in 1977. We currently have about 400 members spanning all sectors of the economy made up of Nigerian and British business people. While our head office is in Lagos, we maintain an NBCC-UK Network in London and developing a network of local branches within the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Trade Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
- Managing key partners. This will include supporting these partners on their sustainability strategies and providing key services to support them.
- The setup and management of activities of the International Trade & Investment Desk.
- Facilitating trade and investment between Nigerian and Britain.
- Managing and supporting trade enquiries, and opportunities for members and non-members through the trade desk.
- Delivering key events and training courses related to exports and international trade.
- Ensuring professional development activities are undertaken to keep up to date with international trade regulations and trends.
- Primarily ensuring the Inward and Outward Trade Missions and Investment and Promotion Exhibitions are successfully organized working with the respective Committees.
- The preparation and dissemination of high-quality research-based trade information through the periodic publication of a Trade & Investment bulletin.
- Reviewing the impact of trade and investment policies and processes and ensuring the proper utilization of the Chamber’s Advocacy platform to disseminate appropriate information.
- Identifying key partnerships within the public and private sectors and improving the Chamber’s footprint in relation to trade and investment.
- Supporting members through provision of practical and technical advice around international trade and high-level service delivery such as Trade Missions and consultancy.
- Trade Service team delivery, including managing own and KPIs of Trade Service department and seasonal interns.
- Working alongside the Head of Membership department to implement new tools to increase leads and revenue from Chamber services.
- Project Management of special projects as per business requirements.
- Ensuring the implementation of programmes necessary to achieve the objectives of the Chamber.
- Leading Chamber representation in key internal and external meetings and events related to international trade services & partnership.
- A First Degree in Social Sciences, Management, Administration or a related field. MBA is an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Investment, Research, Business Development, Trade Finance and International Trade.
- Proven Experience in managerial positions.
- Thorough understanding of trade and investment environment.
- Strong Professional and Social Networks.
- Experience in coordinating, monitoring, evaluating and impact assessment of programmes and initiatives.
- Experience in raising and managing funding from diverse sources
- Excellent understanding of developing partnerships, developing relations and maintaining networks and connections.
- Understanding of the Nigerian and UK economies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th October, 2023.