Supply Chain Officer at Tincan Island Container Terminal
Tincan Island Container Terminal is a subsidiary of a multinational / global entity in the maritime sector. A rewarding career, great culture and working environment are what we offer if you decide to join us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- This role works with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure that spare parts are sourced and delivered to the Technical Store.
- This includes processing of spare part requisition, sourcing for vendors, generation of POs and approvals, and following up with the delivery of materials purchased.
Roles and Responsibilities
Requisition & Procurement Management:
- Receives and processes approved spare part requisition order
- Generates request for quotation (RFQ) on the Maximo platform and sends it to various suppliers
- Evaluates the quotation received from various suppliers using the price, specifications, and lead time and awards the contract to a supplier
- Generates PO for the selected supplier and share with the Technical Manager, CFO, and/or the MD for approval through the Maximo platform
- Shares the generated PO with the selected supplier for delivery of materials requested.
Logistics and Delivery Management:
- Follows up with the supplier to track the delivery timeline and ensure the materials are delivered to the Store
- Processes purchase orders for service providers and resolves payment issues with the TICT Supplier team.
- Resolves issues of rejected items with the supplier and ensures a replacement is made
- Receives and processes supplier invoice for payment once item has been verified to be good by the end-user
Vendor Management and Reporting:
- Schedules and holds meetings with vendors, suppliers, and service provider to manage relationships with them and status updates
- Carries out the analysis and purchase of AGO, PMS, and lubricants and prepares report for the Supply Chain Manager
- Carries out filing of documents before supplies are made.
Teamwork & Performance:
- Works with other electricians and supervisors to complete designated tasks
- Takes ownership of own performance using the TICT performance management system
- Attends and maximises training recommended by Supervisors and HR to close performance & development gaps
- Supports the induction of new team members into the Unit
- Performs any other duties as required by the business.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 5 – 8 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.