International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety & Environment Facilitator
Requisition ID.: 30049479
Location: Onitsha, Anambra
Job Type: Full Time
- The key purpose of this role is to provide support to operational and line management to ensure the functioning of a comprehensive and professional Occupational Health and Safety System. Ensuring compliance to Safety systems, standards and work practices to achieve targets set for the VPO Safety Pillar and Safety KPI’s.
Key Outputs and Responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance to the applicable Occupational Health & Safety Act
- To monitor and advise on Safety VPO Pillar performance in the plant
- Ensure the site is adequately secured and the contracted security provider complies with standards
- Support the Environmental compliance program where required
- Ensure work place hazards are identified and communicated to all staff
- Support and facilitate safety improvement interventions across the plant
- Promote awareness of occupational safety and the VPO Safety programme
- Conduct audits and reviews related to the VPO Safety Pillar and legal compliance
- Conduct investigations into incidents together with line managers identifying root cause and proposing both corrective and preventative actions
- Maintain documentation such as SOP’s, policies and procedures as related to safety
- Identify safety and legal training needs and conduct training where required
- Ensure induction of both employees and contractors take place in accordance with standards
- Ensure the safe execution of Capex projects and support safe work practices where required
- Drive closure of investigations, safety gaps and legal compliance in the plant
- To assist in the investigation selected insurance claims in the plant
- National Diploma in Safety Management/Engineering or related
- 2-5 years experience in a Brewery with exposure to VPO, Safety and Engineering fields
- Technical skills to identify safety and operational non-compliance
- Ability to conduct investigations into safety incidents, identifying root causes and developing preventative and corrective actions [Incident Investigator]
- Experience in working in an industrial or FMCG environment essential
- Good presentation, report drafting, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to coach and training teams
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work across the levels in the plant
- Knowledge of industrial safety rules and regulations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- AbInBev is an equal opportunity employer, and all appointments will be made in- line with AbInBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
- We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.