Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Management Engineer
Job Identification: 181
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Category: Technical
Job Schedule: Full time
- Assist in developing risk policies, processes and reporting standards that define the Company’s risk strategy and appetite in line with its business objectives and global best practices.
- Provide assurance on the effectiveness of risk treatments and related control activities.
- Ensure proper documentation to ensure consistency of actual control descriptions, control registers, flow charts and related procedures; and
- Support the annual review and update of the Company’s risk management policies and procedures.
- Assist in ensuring that controls, skills, and systems are in place to enable compliance with the Company’s policies and standards.
- Assist in ensuring risk management infrastructures that support the risk management process are in place.
- Support processes are in place to facilitate the identification, measurement, assessment, monitoring, and controlling of risks in the Company.
- Provide the Management with practical, cost-effective recommendations for mitigating risks.
- Promote risk awareness and provide education and training on risk management.
- Conduct company-wide Risk Self-Assessment and develop and maintain a comprehensive Risk Register.
- Bachelor’s Degree in power-related engineering discipline with a minimum of second-class lower
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in steam or gas turbine generating station.
- Ability to learn and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Risk management software abilities is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th October, 2023; 22:59