Tincan Island Container Terminal is a subsidiary of a multinational/global entity in the maritime sector. A rewarding career, great culture and working environment are what we offer if you decide to join us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operator Trainee
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The RTG operator role deploys assigned RTG crane to carryout all discharges and loading of TUEs within allocated shift.
Roles and Responsibilities
Execution (Stacking, Sorting, Loading & Off-loading):
- Operates the RTG crane to load and unload containers to and from internal and external road trucks in the Terminal.
- Reports all the defects as and when noticed to RTG Manager.
- Carries out duties and tasks in an efficient, productive manner.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Acts as foreman under Hook when not operating the RTG Cranes.
- Navigates the RTG according to the Traffic Management Plan and Yard Supervisor and equipment handling instructions.
- Handles the containers with care (Avoid Rough handling on Trucks).
- Performs equipment precheck at beginning of shift to ensure that all of the parts are operating properly.
- Operates the RTG safely according to the received instructions / information from the Yard Supervisor while carrying out all RTG activities (Discharge, load, Re-Stow etc.).
- Achieves all agreed targets productivity with Zero Accident
Safety & Compliance:
- Follows safe operating procedures and instructions, preventing any injury to persons, or damage to containers and other equipment and property.
- Identifies and reports any safety problems, malfunctions, or damage to quay crane equipment, before, during or after the shift.