Internal Audit Associate at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Associate
Job Requisition ID: 473057WD
Line of Service: Assurance
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
Management Level: Associate
Specialism: Conduct and Compliance
Job Description & Summary
- A career within Internal Audit services, will provide you with an opportunity to gain an understanding of an organisation’s objectives, regulatory and risk management environment, and the diverse needs of their critical stakeholders.
- We focus on helping organisations look deeper and see further considering areas like culture and behaviours to help improve and embed controls.
- In short, we seek to address the right risks and ultimately add value to their organisation.
- The candidate will work in the technology stream of the IA team in PwC Nigeria to manage technology related audits and make presentations to internal/external clients at as required.
- Demonstrate skills and audit experience across focus areas such as Systems Audit, Information Security, IT Infrastructure reviews (servers, networks, routers, e.t.c), IT Governance, IT Operations, IT Resilience e.t.c
- Conduct IT audits and reviews of systems, applications and IT processes, with experience in the following areas:
- Performing pre and post-implementation reviews of system implementations or enhancements.
- Providing assurance that ethical algorithms are utilized in the deployment of technologies such as RPA, AI e.t.c
- IT security audits (e.g. network, operating system and data center), including evaluating if security vulnerabilities are properly identified and mitigated.
- Assessing information security issues related to adopting new/emerging technologies
- Evaluating adequacy of privacy measures related to new/emerging technologies
- Performing reviews of IT management policies and procedures such as change management, business continuity planning/ disaster recovery and information security to ensure that controls surrounding these processes are adequate.
- Demonstrate good understanding of standards/frameworks such as COBIT, ISOs, COSO framework, PCI DSS and other relevant guidelines.
- Demonstrate basic understanding and application of the application of analytics in Internal Audit.
- Proficient understanding of the internal audit process including risk assessments, planning, scheduling, reporting, continuous monitoring.
- Ability to independently plan IT audit engagements, collect and analyze information to form conclusions, develop audit findings and recommendations and prepare audit reports communicating results to management
- Ability to develop and deliver technical and functional trainings on technology audit, risk and security topics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for audit reporting/discussions with Internal and External Stakeholders
- Report writing, presentation and inter-personal skills including good written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of business issues across multiple industries and the relevance of technologies with a view to identify, pursue, and ultimately win business opportunities for internal audit practice in PwC
- Demonstrate good project management skills especially in the application and adoption of technology to enable the activities of internal audit clients of PwC
- Prepare and report results to executives and Audit Committees
- Ability to multi-task various projects and deadlines.
- Minimum of a Second Class Upper Bachelor’s Degree required: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, Audit, Finance, Accounting or related field
- Certification(s) Required: CIA, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, CGEIT, ACA or any relevant certification
- Candidates should have at least 2-4 years of experience within Internal Audit, Risk and Security functions ideally, or professional services / audit firms.
- Candidate must have in-depth experience of Technology processes and Technology Risk Management
- Consulting background will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
31st December 2023.