International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Distribution Controller
Requisition ID.: 30051966
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Job Type: Full Time
- The key purpose of this role is to manage Distribution performance and activities in order to surpass delivery challenges and meet customer requirements whilst ensuring optimal utilization of company resources.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead departmental DPO (Distribution Process Optimization) implementation
- Lead departmental project and negotiate contractor cost to the best economical price
- Review department machine and man resources.
- Manage own and Team Development and Performance
- Lead your team and prepare a strategic plan for the financial year with insights for inclusion in the Depot Business Plan
- Review Master Data – Business descriptions – Process Mapping – Service Level Management – Routing Planning and Planning SLA’s – High Volume etc.
- Develop departmental annual budget (Fixed and Variables) and manage cost throughout the year
- Set, Cascade Team & Individual goals
- Develop Peak sizing and Planning for all critical periods.
- Manage Customer and Driver master data
- Conduct bi-annual Customer service evaluation and analyses customer feedback with actions.
- Plan and manage trade visits and drive compliance
- Manage Full beer return process
- Safety monitoring and critical behaviour enforcement
- Manage 3PL contractors and drive performance improvement
- Fleet utilization is optimized through the effective use of own vs. contracted transport and effective route planning.
- Vehicle contingency plans exist for the replacement of contracted vehicles and drivers.
- Delivery fleet and drivers consistently comply with the statutory requirements.
- Maintain Fleet.
- Interpret and implement delivery schedules.
- Assure product quality.
- Analyse and respond to distribution performance measures.
- Manage supply chain transfers and ensure adherence to plan
- Review all SLA and attend SLA meeting to action noncompliance with all stakeholders
- Lead departmental weekly performance meeting addressing previous week trends and proffering sustainable plan for the new week
- Beer age issues taken up with sales in an action plan
- Prepare and analyse contractor payment
- Manage departmental Cost to achieve budget • Business plan is developed and aligned to the Sales and Distribution strategy.
- Distribution team goals are supportive of Depot business plan.
- Delivery fleet size and mix calculated to ensure optimum cost and customer service effectiveness and delivery within the Distribution area.
- Minimum of B.Sc./ B.Tech / HND in a related field
- 5 Years’ experience in logistics and supply chain management.
- Computer Literate
- MS Office
- Positive attitude: Creating a good environment.
- Self-motivated: Working effectively with little direction
- Team-oriented: Making the most out of collaboration.
- Strong and assertive
- Compliance driven
- Strong work ethic: Setting and achieving goals
- Dependable: Consistently following through
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- AB-InBev is an equal opportunity employer, and all appointments will be made in- line with AB-InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
- We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.