Nigeria Machine Tools (NMT) was founded in 1980 to manufacture and distribute high-integrity machine tools and other engineering products and spares designed to serve the project, operation and maintenance needs of a range of industries. As Nigeria’s first internationally certified producer of Oil industry-standard Stud Bolts, Nuts and Flanges, NMT also produces customized castings for various industries including: construction, cement, oil and gas, manufacturing as well as for the transport industry. Included in our offerings is machining services which is ISO 9001 certified. Our surface treatment facility which comprises PTFE and powder coating as well as Hot Dip Galvanizing plants ensure products are finished to customer specifications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Protection & Privacy Officer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
- Data Protection Officer responsibilities include advising on our compliance with GDPR and local data protection laws, monitoring our adherence to GDPR standards and acting as a point of contact with supervisory authorities and data subjects.
- To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of GDPR and local data protection laws and be familiar with our industry and the nature of its data processing activities.
- You should also know how to perform audits of our current procedures.
- Act as the primary point of contact within the organization for members of staff, regulators, and any relevant public bodies on issues related to data protection
- Provide expert advice and educate employees on essential data compliance requirements
- Draft new and amend existing internal data protection policies, guidelines, and procedures, in consultation with key stakeholders
- Hold training with staff members across different business units involved in data handling or processing.
- Proactively conduct audits to ensure compliance and address potential issues
- Maintain records of all data processing activities carried out by the company
- Serve as the point of contact between the company and the data protection authorities
- Follow up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance
- Ensure the company’s policy is in accordance with General Data
- Protection Regulation (GDPR) and codes of practice
- Evaluate the existing data protection framework and identify areas of non or partial compliance and rectify any issues
- Devise training plans and provide data protection advice and support for members of staff
- Inform and advise the Data Controller or Data Processor on all matters related to data protection
- Promote a culture of data protection compliance across all units of the organization Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
Requirements and Skills
- 3+ Experience in data protection and legal compliance
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ethical, with the ability to remain impartial and report all noncompliances
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Certified Data Protection Officer / CISSP / CISM
- Work experience in data protection and legal compliance firm is a plus
- Solid knowledge of GDPR and national data protection laws
- Knowledge of data processing operations in the company’s sector is preferable
- Familiarity with computer security systems
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th September, 2023.