CMR & Logistics Manager at The British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CMR & Logistics Manager
Employment Type: Contract
Consultancy Duration: 6 months
- This role is responsible for the general oversight of the Port Harcourt exams operations and managing the CM Logistics in the Port Harcourt Centres.
- The role holder will monitor the delivery quality of all our exams including the quality of all materials to run Test Day operations, uniforms, banners, scanners, and equipment deployments.
- The role is also responsible for ensuring timely scanning and submitting of exam papers to meet requirements for marking.
- The role holder will be the most senior exams operation staff at the location and will provide general leadership for the operations team and report to the Operations Manager – South.
Main Opportunities and Challenges
- Ensure complaint delivery of exams to British Council Quality and Complaint standards and awarding body requirements.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager – South, Operations Planning Manager, and Commercial Manager to ensure optimum capacity filling the various locations.
- Drive the right behaviors in the team toward greater awareness related to maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive exam-related materials
- Implement improvement actions in the distribution and logistics of handling confidential materials
Main accountabilities (but not limited to the following:)
Product Service Delivery
- Oversees the functions of confidential materials handling and the Confidential Materials Room (CMR), for assigned office, to ensure British Council standards are met in set up and day-to-day operations.
- Plans and ensures sorting and packing of confidential exam materials for designated test venues.
- Leads the reconciliation of exam materials and papers received as per plan, and escalates any discrepancies.
- Plans and ensures adequate suitcases and storage materials for distribution ordering and budget management.
- Plans for Test Day resources ordering, quality, distribution, and management (e.g. process guides, stationery, branding/signage/ technical equipment – speaking test/hand scanners)
- Takes end-to-end accountability for researching and obtaining satisfactory and timely resolution of complex/escalated customer (internal or external) operational complaints and issues, coordinating input from other colleagues/departments/managers as required, to do so. Ensures the customer is kept informed throughout the process.
Relationship & stakeholder management
- Receives instructions and requests from cluster operations, Operations Manager, and plans to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Develops good working relationships with appropriate colleagues to facilitate effective and efficient service delivery.
Risk & compliance
- Ensures adherence to operations delivery and CMR standards and management as set forth and carries out frequent random checks to proactively prevent issues from arising.
- Provides support and reporting for audits and performance reviews.
- Follows agreed corporate risk management processes and procedures when delivering services (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the BC and its customers at all times.
Analysis & reporting:
- Using standard procedures and templates, regularly records, analyses, and reports on operational activity levels and performance data, to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs.
Commercial & resource management:
- Manage courier SLA/performance standards and build a relationship with the courier service provider in the country, proactively seeking out and updating the courier panel so that the quality of services and cost elements are in accordance with standards.
- Uses standardized systems and processes to plan and coordinate effective, timely and cost effective logistical support to enable the delivery of high quality services.
- Operates and runs regular reports on a range of standard, corporate financial processes and procedures to enable effective budget and resource management for the team, unit or project(s) – e.g. purchase order system, FABS, SAP, procurement processes.
Leadership & management:
- Supervision and involvement of colleagues or team member/s
- To assist with related tasks
- Prioritises own work activities, which span across a range of different work streams. Likely to manage the day-to-day performance of 1-2 team members, dealing with sickness, discipline, motivation, etc., to ensure high-quality service delivery is always maintained
Role-specific knowledge and experience
- University Degree
- Experience working in an operations environment managing confidential materials
- Working in a challenging environment operating against tight deadlines
- Experience working in a compliant and regulated environment
- Experience managing a small team
- Experience in examination delivery to standard and managing logistics and material deployment.
- Experience in leading on delivery of computer-based exams
- N10,989,828.00 Per Annum.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th September, 2023 (23:59 East Africa Time).