MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Information Officer
Job Identification: 3498
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 4
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer – CEO.Fintech
Division: MoMo Payment Service Bank (MoMo PSB)
- Responsible for guiding and driving the company’s technological strategy and plan.
- Manage the performance and consumption of IT assets, infrastructure, and systems deployed across MoMo PSB.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive technology strategy that aligns with MoMo PSB’s business objectives and promotes financial inclusion.
- Ensure local instances of all platforms are seamlessly integrated and information security and privacy standards and protocols are duly complied with.
- Establish and oversee IT governance processes, ensuring compliance with CBN regulations and industry best practices.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of our IT infrastructure and networks.
- Manage relationships with technology partners and vendors to ensure the seamless operation of our IT systems.
- Lead the creation of blueprints and architecture for system development, modification, or integration (esp., to accommodate local instances) and provide support to Group FinCo in architecture review when required.
- Monitor all products, tools, and technologies operational in MoMo PSB in order to ensure compliance with architectural standards and, where spotted, resolve incidents of non-compliance.
- Assist the Group Technology team in deploying IT infrastructure and assets within MoMo PSB and monitor to ensure that infrastructure and asset usage, performance, and maintenance are as per group standards.
- Lead the deployment, maintenance, monitoring, and updates to local instances of the customer, product, and delivery platforms across all products.
- Monitor the management of local IT incidents and, where required, resolve escalated technical or system issues.
- Define and implement key performance indicators and metrics to support team alignment with business strategy, and use these metrics to drive service delivery excellence.
- Provide leadership and direction in the operations, leading the team to deliver on the respective business targets and improve the overall performance of the department.
- Identify, evaluate, and track the development needs and performance of team members.
- Lead and drive all testing and releases required to be done in the OpCo and ensure change management initiatives are undertaken for large-scale transformations.
- Oversee third-party service SLA compliance and performance, when required.
- Inculcate ‘data centricity’ within MoMo PSB, ensuring that all critical data, such as that of customers, is stored, managed, and accessed as per standards prescribed by the group and absolute data integrity is maintained.
- Monitor compliance with policies related to the sharing of data with external parties (including Group FinCo) as per local data governance and privacy policies.
- Implement the governance mechanisms set forth by the group to build a robust technology and information security function in MoMo PSB.
- Coach and mentor the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities, and leverage human resources career development programs for staff career development.
- The role leads teams across the three sub-functions:
- IT Architecture and Data Management
- IT Service Management
- Information Security
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Commerce, or a related field.
- Postgraduate MBAs or Masters will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in the relevant field of specialization, which includes
- 5 to 8 years relevant experience in a similar position with at least 3 years in a managerial role
- Experience in fintech, banking, or financial services is mandatory.
- Successful track record as a senior management professional in delivering exceptional technology products and services.
- Experience working in a global or multinational enterprise with a good understanding of emerging markets.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th October, 2023; 22:59