Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Employment Type: Full time
- The Administrative Officer position will manage administrative activities in the Kebbi Field Office.
- The Administrative Officer will see to the daily business operations of the office. He/She will be expected to coordinate closely with the Facilities Specialist.
- Manage the Kebbi Field Office administration processes.
- Ensure that office appliances and equipment are in good working condition and promptly report required repairs to the Facilities Specialist.
- Ensure that appliances such as air conditioners are serviced as at when due date.
- Develop and maintain an efficient up-to-date stock of items in the s Plan for stock replenishment in a timely manner so no outage is experienced. Otherwise, report imminent stock outage to the Facilities Specialist.
- Initiate procurement requisitions and process payment requests on TAMIS.
- Prepare Main Office monthly budgets and initiate on TAMIS.
- Ensure that assets are tagged immediately when they are purchased and inform the Facilities Specialist to update the inventory on TAMIS.
- Manage the motor pool and review Drivers’ logbooks weekly.
- Work with Drivers to ensure that vehicle particulars are renewed before the expiring date.
- Coordinate the inspection and receipt of goo Ensure that project staff needs for office equipment, supplies, and furniture are met in a timely manner.
- Other duties of a reasonable nature as assigned by the supervisor or designee.
- The Administrative Officer will report to the Finance and Administrative Specialist Akwa-Ibom.
- The Administrative Officer will supervise the Driver/Logistics Assistant in the Kebbi Field Office.
- Bachelor’s Degrees in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, or other relevant fields is required. An Advanced Degree is preferred.
- Six (6) years of experience in administration and logistics or related operations role.
- Knowledge of budgeting and procuring goods and services.
- Good analytical skills with good problem-solving skills & creativity, supported by good writing skills.
- Accuracy with managing and organizing large amounts of data.
- Experience in basic security and operations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, i.e., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, is highly preferred.
- Previous experience working on US Government funded projects is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of US Government operations, policies, and procedures, and FAR regulations is preferred.
- Strong communications and personnel management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in English language, verbal and written, is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to both train and be trained.
- Highly organized and with the ability to multi-task and prioritize as and when needed without sacrificing quality of work performed.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th September, 2023.