The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant TWG Stores Officer
Job ID: 15/23 ABJ
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Corporate Services Support
Type of Position: Permanent
Type of Post: British High Commission
Working hours per week: 35 hours per week
Start Date: 3 July 2023
Main Purpose of Job
- To assist in maintaining the TWG stores in accordance with the Nigeria Network Stores policy and best practice.
- Keep accurate records of all incoming and outgoing items from the TWG Store. Allocate materials to the technicians and receive and store all newly procured items for the TWG store.
Roles and Responsibilities
To include, but not be restricted to the following duties:
- Check delivery of goods from suppliers against delivery notes.
- Carry out daily reconciliations of store bin cards electronically
- Wrap/pack goods. Deliver to couriers when required.
- Ensure all stock delivered to the store is labelled and placed in the correct location.
- Carry out random stock check/validation on individual items as well as assisting with major stock checks
- request for replenishment of stock before items are used up (regularly monitoring minimum reorder quantity)
- Ensure that tools/equipment are kept in good condition i.e. forklift, palletizer, small hand tools, drill, winch etc.
- Identify and record obsolete items
- Relocate and re-stack goods to make space for a new deliveries
- keeping records (electronic) of goods, their location and quantity
- Ensure proper accounting and periodic reporting of stock items and their financial value
- Receive local deliveries and collections as and when required.
- Prepare building kits, equipment, and stock for forthcoming jobs.
- Check-In and Prepare Equipment for Maintenance and Repair
- Ensure equipment received for maintenance and repair, is cleaned, labelled and put in the appropriate area.
- Ensure that the store and work areas (including storage containers) are kept clean and tidy and complies with health and safety regulations.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Must hold either a BSc or HND
- Valid Driving Licence
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Computer Skills; MS word, Excel, Teams.
- Good report writing skills.
- Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Working Together
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th May, 2023.