First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Portfolio Manager
Job Identification: 858
Location: Samuel Asabia House, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
- To handle operational and research activities within the middle-office which provide support to Private Banking sales teams in all locations, enabling them to deliver customized solutions to all clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Processing Private Banking clients’ transactions including liaising with other units, product houses and subsidiaries of the First Bank group to process Private Banking clients’ transactions promptly.
- Anchoring all transactions related to asset management, real estate purchase/finance, credits, safety deposits, trust services, offshore investments and others as defined by Head Portfolio management or GH Private Banking
- Preparing all wealth management proposals on behalf of Private Banking clients and ensuring that these are error-free and of high standards.
- Issuing and signing of Private Banking clients’ investment confirmation and certificates.
- Conducting research on Investment & wealth management products and liaising with FBN Quest and other research providers for updated information on equity, bond and money markets.
- Monitoring loans booked by the back office and updating clients’global position report.
- Verifying customer trades via online portal and updating portfolio status of clients
- Maintaining good working relationships with other teams, units, and subsidiaries
- Leveraging good relationship with product houses such as FBN Capital, FBN Mortgages, FBN Trustee etc. to ensure efficiency in processing Private Banking transactions
- Developing relationships with research and regulatory bodies to ensure that the unit is well informed and complies with all regulatory requirements at all times.
- Updating and disseminating information to private Banking team on available products and services as well as market trends Monthly update of client product utilization to feed the Asset Holding Report for FBN Private Banking.
- Structuring ideal portfolios for Private Banking clients further to discussing with Relationship Managers, reviewing customer information details, and leveraging other First Bank subsidiaries
- Generating portfolio reports and account statements for Private Banking clients as required
- Generating periodic reports to meet monitoring and reporting requirements of First Bank Private Banking.”
- Ensuring prompt and efficient processing of client mandates
- Ensuring the documentation of all safe custody items
- Ensuring securities certification and release of pledged securities
- Escalation of all material, unusual or difficult transactions to Head Portfolio Management
- All other functions as assigned by the head Portfolio Manager,Head Private Banking location and EVP Private Banking.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Master’s Degree in Business, Finance or similar strongly preferred.
- CFA) /ICAN or ACCA/Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst qualification strongly preferred.
- 3 years middle office background (financial Services preferred).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Application Deadline 11th July, 2023.