PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Manager
Job Requisition ID: JR000822
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
The job exists to:
- Ensure compliance with statutory timeframe for remittance of VAT/WHT
- Identify and engage in activities that will manage the company exposure on VAT/WHT within the confine of the law. .
- Monitor payment process, facilitate prompt payment and ensure collection of receipts for VAT/WHT tax liabilities for all entities.
- Peer Relationships
- Attach organization chart showing manager and direct reports as well as peers
- Report to: Senior Tax Manager – Africa.
- Turnover of unit
- Budget responsibility
- Team Size
- The key outputs of the job
- List in priority order if possible, typically 8 – 10
- NOT a task list
- Any requirement for organizing & planning including own work and the allocation of resources
- Prepare initial draft responses to demand notices, queries and other correspondence from the FIRS and state boards.
- File VAT Returns for all entities with the FIRS on or before 21st of every month
- Apply for and Obtain Tax clearance certificates for all seven (7) entities every year
- Receive and record all correspondence from tax authorities
- Maintain correspondence tracker to ensure responses are filed within the stipulated timeline.
- First level review of PZ Kenya tax computations and provide support on other Kenyan tax issues like tax audits, refund claims etc.
- Prepare trend analysis, decks and forecasts for tax planning & Budgeting
- WHT credit note verification on B2B Customer purchases.
- Typical decisions made and if they are advisory or directly responsible for the outcome
- Prepare Withholding tax returns (Federal and All States) monthly all PZ entities/ SBUs in Nigeria by spooling monthly reports, verifying applicable rates, separating into applicable tax jurisdictions, reconciling WHT report against ledger balances and processing payments with 7 days deadline.
- Review withholding tax reports for PZ entities/ SBU in Nigeria
- Spool monthly VAT reports, ledgers for all entities and Prepare monthly VAT reports for PZ SBUs in Nigeria
- Process payments for all monthly taxes, final demand notice liabilities and every other undisputed tax liability
Internal & External Relationships:
- Identify the most significant ones
- Attach a preferred suppliers list if available
- Detail which networks the jobholder will be part of e.g. finance, category.
- External auditors, FIRS, All state Board of Internal Revenue ( Nigeria) and Consultants.
- All departments.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed:
- List any qualifications required to do the job
- Be specific about the experience needed.
- Focus on type of experience not the time served.
- B.Sc. (Accounting)
- ICAN Certification
- Computer expertise especially in MS Word, MS Excel.
Technical / Professional Experience:
- 4 – 5 years minimum work experience
- Good Knowledge of Group Accounting policies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Unspecified