PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Analyst
Job Requisition ID: JR000849
Employment Type: Full Time
The job exists to:
- Ensure compliance with statutory timeframe for remittance of VAT/WHT/CIT/TET and other applicable taxes
- Identify and engage in activities that will manage the Group’s tax exposure within the confines of the law. .
- Monitor payment process, facilitate prompt payment and ensure collection of receipts for all tax liabilities for all entities.
- Prepare Withholding tax returns (Federal and All States) monthly for PZC, HPZ, HIN, NUT & CWD by spooling monthly reports, verifying applicable rates, separating into applicable tax jurisdictions, reconciling WHT report against ledger balances and processing payments. – Day 7 deadline
- Review withholding tax reports for PZ Wilmar & PZ Wilmar Foods
- Spool monthly VAT reports, ledgers for all entities and Prepare monthly VAT reports for PZ Wilmar & PZ Wilmar Foods responsible for the outcome
- Process payments for all monthly taxes, final demand notice liabilities and every other undisputed tax liability
- Prepare initial draft responses to demand notices, queries and other correspondence from the FIRS and state boards for the following companies; HPZ; Coolworld; PZ Cussons; PZ Tower; PZ Power
- First level review of Kenya tax computations and provide support on other Kenyan tax issues like tax audits, refund claims etc.
- Prepare trend analysis, decks and forecasts for tax planning & Budgeting
- WHT credit note verification on B2B Customer purchases
- Retrieve documents from the archive
- Arrange logistics for tax auditors who visit the office.
- File VAT Returns for all entities with the FIRS on or before 21st of every month
- Apply for and Obtain Tax clearance certificates for all seven (7) entities every year
- Receive and record all correspondence from tax authorities
- Maintain correspondence tracker to ensure responses are filed within the stipulated timeline
- B.Sc. (Accounting)
- ICAN Certification / In view
- Computer expertise especially in MS Word, MS Excel.
- 2 – 3 years minimum work experience
- Good Knowledge of Group Accounting.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Unspecified