Accounts Officer at Hermes Oil Services Limited
Hermes Oil is a subsidiary of Gasland Nigeria Limited, one of the largest indigenous companies in the LPG sector of the oil and gas industry with over 25 years experience, over 40 locations nationwide and over 250,000,000 liters sold yearly directly to consumers through her retail & distribution network.
Hermes Oil is an energy and logistics company, with expertise focusing on haulage of petroleum products, bulk supply and distribution, retail, safety practices and PPE supply, petroleum station and LPG plant infrastructure design, construction, and operations. Our clients include a number of high-profile industrial companies in the West African region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Accounts Officer is responsible for coordinating the activities of the finance department; tracking payments to internal and external stakeholders, preparing budget forecasts, processing tax payments and returns.
- Manage all accounting transactions.
- Prepare budget forecasts.
- Liaise with the human resource department to maintain an effective payroll administration system.
- Publish financial statements and bookkeeping ledgers in time.
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensure timely bank payments.
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns.
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity.
- Audit financial transactions and documents.
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations.
- Reconciling the company’s bank statements and bookkeeping ledgers.
- Completing analysis of the employee expenditures.
- Managing income and expenditure accounts.
- Generating the company’s financial reports using income and expenditure data.
- Keeping a check on the company’s finances based on financial status.
- Ensure that taxes, pension and other statutory contributions/payments are properly filed and remitted on or before government mandated deadlines.
- Initiating and managing financial and accounting software used by the company.
- Review financial records of sales to ensure balanced accounts are maintained.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or any other related field.
- 2-3 years proven experience as an accountant, accounts officer or relevant role.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Project management skills and a team player.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software
- Ability to strategize and solve problems.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks.
- Experience with general ledger functions.
Salary is really attractive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resumes to: [email protected] using “Accounts Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 31st August, 2023.