Group Governance, Compliance and Risk Manager at Pan Ocean Oil Corporation (Nigeria) Limited
Pan Ocean Oil Corporation (Nigeria) Limited was incorporated in 1973 as an exploration and production company and commenced operations in August 1976 at the Ogharefe field of OML 98. At that time Pan Ocean was in Joint Venture with the Nigeria National Petroleum Company (NNPC), on-shore the northern fringe of the Niger Delta after its Oil Prospecting License OPL – 71 was converted to Oil Mining license OML-98 on December 01, 1975.
In 2007, Pan Ocean purchased another block, OPL 275 to be developed as a Production Sharing Contract (PSC). When OPL 275 comes on stream, it will increase the present production volumes. Pan Ocean is a trailblazer in the bid to achieve the gas flare out objective of the Federal Government. Since 1984, Pan Ocean went ahead with its initiative on gas utilization despite the challenges of an under developed Nigeria Gas Market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Governance, Compliance and Risk Manager
Location: Lagos (Hybrid)
Job type: Full-time
- The role will oversee Governance, Compliance and Risk across Pan Ocean Oil Corporation (Nigeria) Limited and its related companies.
- The person will oversee processes and actions required in the identification and assessment of significant risks faced by the Group.
- The role requires that the person initiates, implements, and monitors risk mitigation measures, ensuring the coordination and review of company policies and procedures and compliance with regulatory, operational & industry guidelines.
Policy & Strategy:
- Design and oversee entity-wide overall risk management strategy and framework.
- Align all risk management strategies with industry best practices to enhance the achievement of functional, corporate, and business objectives across the Group.
- Establish and quantify the risk appetite of the Group entities and advise the Management on the same.
- Maintain general and specific awareness of trends and developments in risk management in the industry.
- Manage enterprise-wide risk through identification, assessment, mitigation and training programs.
- Prepare risk management budgets for Management approval.
Risk Identification and Assessment:
- Identify, assess and quantify business and operating risks the Group entities face and develop detailed mitigation plans.
- Maintain and update the risk register for the Group.
- Monitor and report on the total level of the Group entities’ risk exposure and the residual risk exposure after applying risk mitigants.
- Plan, execute, and report on various governance and assurance reviews, including post-remediation validations.
- Conduct ongoing risk assessments and assist in developing and executing a dynamic risk assurance plan to address high-risk areas.
- Lead improvements and design of innovative industry-wide compliance and controls across the Group.
- Support management in handling complex issues with internal auditors and external regulators.
Monitoring, Reporting and Stakeholder Engagement:
- Craft and communicate effective data-driven reporting and updates to influence decisions and outcomes internally
- Consult with internal cross-functional and external stakeholders to ensure compliance with relevant policies and regulations.
- Stay abreast of current events and the regulatory environment and how they may affect the Group processes and compliance.
- Monitor compliance with major operating agreements, PSC, JOA and PIA 2021 and many other relevant institutional and regulatory policies and regulations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Unspecified