Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Storekeeper
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Executing the stock management activities (receipt, storage, and issuance to projects or other departments of medical supplies, food items, spare parts, tools, equipment and/ or other logistics materials), according to the line manager’s instructions and MSF standards and protocols, in order to ensure the overall functioning of MSF activities
- Checking the received cold boxes and controlling the cold chain-monitoring card
- Storing materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability ensuring that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Monitoring the store temperature and ensuring Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature. Keeping a special control of “sensitive” goods: numbers of lots, expiry dates, packaging and special storage conditions
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse
- Assisting the line manager with preparation of the stock reports
- Preparing orders on time before sending goods, and packs (according to transport means) weighs and labels freight with corresponding shipping number, destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport in accordance with the line manager’s instructions
- In conjunction with the line manager, performing physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined. Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out and expiry dates.
- Supervising materials and goods orders and dispatch in order to ensure its rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies against cargo manifest or others. Stores materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Participate actively in MSF emergency response to different disease outbreaks (Cholera, Yellow Fever, and other potential health hazards (internal displacement, influx of wounded patients) in the South East Region, being available to respond on short notice if needed.
- Maintain consistent up to date records of Lassa Fever, Yellow Fever, Cholera, and MCP stocks and properly inform and support owners about needs and actions to be taken regarding stock levels.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Literacy essential
- Desirable secondary education and warehouse management related studies
- Previous experience as storekeeper desirable
- Previous experience with an NGO or MSF is an asset.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical and mechanical items will be considered an asset
- Previous experience with ERP software and good computer skills (e.g. Ms Office Suite) will be considered an asset
- Essential basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment
- Desirable, ability to do basic repairs
- Fluent in English and Igbo desirable
- Commitment to MSF priniciples and values
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to and cope with rapidly and constantly changing circumstances
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Good team working skills and open-mindedness
- People management/supervising skills
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the local cultue, norms and practices
- Knowledge of the context of Ebonyi state
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- Candidates should submit their application including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant degrees, certificates by filling the google form using the link above
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Dual Employment is considered gross misconduct as contained in MSF Belgium Internal Regulations (IR) guideline and hence not acceptable.
- Applications should be sent through the indicated channel (email/hardcopy) containing the right subject, meeting all requirements, else application will not be entertained.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next steps.
- MSF reserves the right to cancel any step or whole of the recruitment process at any stage.
- Vacacy is open to Nigerians.
Application Deadline 18th October, 2023.