The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Management Officer
Job ID: SVN 2023 167
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Supervise the Information Management Unit (IMU) and provide Information Management (IM) technical support, including in relation to data management, analysis, visualization, proper implementation of IM polices, alignment to ITC standards and quality control of data gathering and dissemination.
- Support OCHA in cross-sector information management and analysis when necessary. Participate in Inter-Cluster Information Management Working Group and other relevant working groups, liaising with external partners as required.
- In close coordination with the Sector Coordinators and the information management team, contribute to the development of information products for partners, donors and sectorial publications and facilitate the dissemination and adaptation of information management tools that meet sector needs, such as sector-specific maps and graphics, on a regular basis to aid forward planning as well as impact analysis.
- Conduct preliminary analysis of data to facilitate and strengthen CCCM, Shelter and NFI areas of focus, particularly to highlight information and assessment gaps and the use of data for evidence based response and coordination.
- Follow up with sector partners for the provision of timely, consistent and compatible data and information on shelter NFI and CCCM assessments, needs and assistance provided for operational analysis and decision-making.
- Ensure timely dissemination of information to sector partners.
- Design and implement technical aspects of IM solutions for the workflow and documentation management of the administrative and operational processes of the sector.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of the integrated methodology for data collection and information packaging as required and needed.
- Develop simple, user-friendly shelter/NFI and CCCM assistance reporting formats in close consultation with the local authorities, providers of shelter assistance and other key stakeholders; these reporting formats should include provision for gender and age disaggregation of data and reporting on more vulnerable groups.
- Set-up a web server which will host Camp – Based Multi Sectorial gap Analysis tool and the Common Pipeline Tracking System Online tool and centralize Sector’s Information Technology administration
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Geo-informatics, Data Management, Media or Social Sciences, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or University Degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in coordination of information flows and data management including collecting, storing, verifying, validating, processing, and analyzing data to generate information products;
- Experience in advanced data visualization and information design skills; and Prior work experience with IOM, the UN System or Nigeria response is an advantage.
- Combined field and headquarters experience in different international organizations (e.g., UN agencies, INGOs, IOs, Donors, IFRC or ICRC)
- Experience in emergency and recovery humanitarian operations and familiarity with the humanitarian cluster systems, and shelter and camp management technical guidelines, standards, and indicators.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information system;
- Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies;
- Experience in the development and management of database applications.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills and demonstrated ability to produce high-quality reports.
- Ability to translate planning specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis and vice versa;
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
- Advanced data visualization and information design skills.
- Ability for leadership in the context of partnership building and consensual decision making; and,
- Ability to deliver technical training to different audiences.
- Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations.
- Recommended candidates will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
- Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system.
- The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee).
- IOM does not request any information related to bank
Application Deadline 12th June, 2023 at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland