Malteser International is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work.In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas,Asiaand the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
Malteser International has been working in Nigeria since 2017. In Northeast Nigeria and more specifically in Borno State, MI is currently active in the WASH and Protection sector for improving the lives of both the IDP population as well as the host communities. The WASH activities focus on improved access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. They include NFI distribution, solarization of boreholes, rehabilitation of hand pumps, construction of latrines and hygiene promotion. Malteser International thereby applies a participatory, gender-sensitive and inclusive approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Based Violence (GBV) Case Worker
Location: Mashamari – Konduga Local Government, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Duration of contract: 1 Month with possibility of extension
- Provide support in the coordination and supervision of all the activities in Women and Girls Safe Spaces (WGSS)
- Maintain daily contact with the community based social workers/monitoring Officers to gather information on cases requiring support
- Provide appropriate and timely case management by creating a climate of trust and care, conduct introduction and first intake assessment, case action planning and implementing the action plan steps, case follow up and case closure as per agreed standards
- Lead weekly internal case management meetings and make prompt reports/bring to the immediate attention any case of special/emergency needs to the Protection Officer
- Contribute to the service mapping assessment in the target areas and support the development of referral systems with different service providers.
- Develop good relationships and coordination with service providers and community stakeholders to improve identification and provide adequate referral information.
- Provide basic emotional support (based on the IASC MHPSS guidelines pyramid) for each case and for their close family members, as required
- Conduct individual assessments for the provision of material assistance, NFI and dignity kit or/and transportation costs for medical treatment, as required
- Refer clients to appropriate services and when necessary, directly accompany them to different service providers
- Participate in office work with colleagues as a good team player
- Be an active role model for the population, by adhering to a healthy personal behaviour and lifestyle
- Take responsibility in representing Malteser International towards the local population, authorities and other (I)NGOs
- Adhere and respect Malteser International guidelines and codes
- Maintain a non-judgmental and supportive attitude towards colleagues and beneficiaries regardless of their background, political affiliation, or religion.
- Carry out additional tasks as reasonably requested by the supervisor
- Applicant must possess a minimum of National Diploma qualification in the role of Law or any other related discipline in the field of Social Sciences
- Minimum of two (2) year work experience with international/national NGOs and/or local authorities in the Nigerian context with the same position with at least
- Ability and motivation to build networks of trust with the community and work well with local authorities, local leaders and the local community
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and Hausa Languages is a must and applicant must be indigene/resident of Mashamari.
- Sensitive to gender equality and GBV issues, commitment toward diversity and inclusion
- Stress-resilient to be able to cope with deadlines and complex problems
- Excellent communicator, understanding of cross-cultural and sensitive issue and excellent listening skills and good knowledge of computer (Word and Excel, MS outlook and teams) is a must
What We Offer
- Salary according to Malteser International’s salary grid; qualification and experience, health Insurance package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th May, 2023.