Business Development Officer at WFM 91.7
WFM 91.7 MHz is a Nigerian gender sensitive and specialized radio station licensed by Nigerian Broadcasting Commission to broadcast programs for women and their family. It is the first female-oriented radio station in Sub-Saharan Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
- The project aims to increase the reach of Women Radio’s membership network to all 774 local governments in Nigeria, to increase visibility and listenership while sustaining programming.
- The project is to expand the women radio network and strengthen the Women Radio community by optimising our approach and creating a platform where women across these regions will network, share businesses, and provide relevant community-centric content for Women Radio.
- The goal of the approach is to create two-way communication between WR and a cultivated community of loyal users that benefit the organisation by promoting Women Radio’s profile, providing a database of active audiences – a value set to advertisers – while they benefit from the organisation by having an input into programming, an opportunity to showcase businesses, etc.
- By amplifying the voices of women in the WR community, the organisation will strengthen its database of loyal listeners and will be able to monetise the community and digital products.
- Organize virtual events such as webinars and workshops to engage members and provide value and knowledge to members.
- Encourage members to share their own content such as blog posts, business flyers, their thoughts and also promote their business. Production of flyers for members to promote their business, we will create bespoke content that the community and other potential users can subscribe to monthly, and this will, in turn, generate more funds for the organisation.
- The project will create awareness for the membership network and expand its membership to a wider audience from different geopolitical zones in Nigeria. We will use our network to generate adverts targeted at women from different sectors and communities as we will have access to these women
Scope of Project
- This project over a period of 12 months seeks to increase revenue generation and brand visibility for Women Radio by engaging relevant experts to improve the quality of content creation, audience engagement, improving on digital imprints of the organisation, leveraging & enhancing Her products for better engagements with the audience and expanding on the Women Radio Membership Network.
- This engagement will be monitored in four phases:
- Phase 1:
- Baseline Analysis
- Internal meetings with the project team
- Review of the Company’s baseline, audience perception and revenue base from previous years.
- Outline of strategic work plan and action based on baseline review
- Evaluation report from baseline analysis
- Phase 2:
- Research & fieldwork survey
- Developing research & survey framework and tools
- Engagement of project team with a focus on Content Creator & Social Media Manager on audience perception and plans for revamp.
- Survey of the Women Radio Network to identify areas of improvement for buy-in and engagement of the audience which would lead to revenue generation.
- Output: Action plans for audience engagement, identification of possible partners, clients and improvements of social media channels for the Network.
- Phase 3:
- Marketing of Women Radio & Product
- Designing marketing strategies, training Women Radio staff especially the Sales and marketing team on branding and individual roles in marketing the station.
- Synergising with the product manager and content creators on concerns raised in the course of marketing the brand & her products.
- Phase 4:
- Report Writing and Project Overall Report
- Reports on Pre- and Post-Project, evaluation of value-added, tracking of revenue generation, actions to be sustained post-project.
- Meetings with Project team on success achieved
- Monitoring of improvement of the Sales team.
- Reports on project to be submitted to the Projects Director
- Phase 1:
Time Frame and Duration
- The project is to run over a duration of one year.
Deliverables & Responsibilities
- Monitoring revenue streams and identifying opportunities to increase profitability.
- Evaluate and advise on content, sales, marketing and branding strategies and also develop the Women Radio Network
- Identify and develop new profitable engagement lines based on audience feedback and demands.
- Provide competitive analysis to strengthen organisational output
- Develop client relationships and strengthen industry partnerships.
- Identify new clients by researching and creating networking opportunities based on organisational content and value.
- Unlock paid partnerships with female-centric organisations.
- Increase Women Radio revenue streams by 50% through partnerships and collaborations.
- Liaise with relevant departments to align and improve strategies aimed at increasing revenue.
- Build and launch Women Radio’s official network.
- Detailed work plan for primary review and evaluation
- Training session and monitoring for the Women Radio team.
- Detailed evaluation report pre and post.
Remuneration/Fees & Payment
- The approved fees for the Business Development Expert as agreed is Five Hundred Thousand Naira monthly, which is inclusive of Withholding tax deductions for the period of one Year Payment shall be made directly to the Consultant based on a disbursement schedule of 70% at inception and 30% on receipt of approved final report. Note that statutory Withholding charges will be deducted from the Monthly Five Hundred Thousand Naira Business Development fee.
- Kindly note that 5% Federal Inland Revenue Service Withholding Tax (WHT) shall be deducted from the fee being Twenty-five Thousand Naira (N25,000.00) only. To facilitate payments as appropriate, kindly provide your Personal Tax Identification Number (TIN) alongside your Bank Account details to the Project team lead.
- Payments for other activity associated to the projects shall be paid by Women Radio.
Application Closing Date