UAC of Nigeria Plc. is a leading private sector enterprise with active participation in the development of the country since 1879. A diversified, food-focused company, UAC’s operations span the animal feeds, packaged foods, real estate, paints and logistics sectors of the economy. We are committed to building and developing our people towards realizing their full potentials.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology Administrator
Job type: Full-time
- The IT Administrator is responsible for managing and maintaining the organization’s IT infrastructure, systems, and services.
- This includes overseeing network operations, server management, software installations and updates, user support, and data backup and recovery.
- The IT Administrator plays a crucial role in ensuring the smooth functioning of the company’s IT operations and providing technical support to employees.
- Design, implement, and maintain the organization’s local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN).
- Monitor network performance, troubleshoot network issues, and ensure network security.
- Configure and manage network devices such as routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Install, configure, and maintain servers, including physical and virtual servers.
- Monitor server performance, ensure system availability, and perform regular backups.
- Administer user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Implement and maintain server security measures.
- Install, configure, and update software applications and operating systems.
- Manage software licenses and ensure compliance with software agreements.
- Troubleshoot software-related issues and provide technical support to users.
- Implement software patches and upgrades.
- Provide technical assistance and support to end-users regarding hardware, software, and network issues.
- Respond to user inquiries, diagnose problems, and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Set up and configure workstations, laptops, printers, and other peripheral devices.
- Conduct user training on IT systems and tools.
Data Backup and Recovery:
- Develop and implement data backup and disaster recovery plans.
- Perform regular backups of critical data and test the restoration process.
- Ensure data integrity and security during backup and recovery operations.
IT Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate records of IT assets, licenses, configurations, and network diagrams.
- Generate reports on system performance, incidents, and service requests.
- Document IT policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Implement and enforce IT security policies and procedures.
- Monitor and respond to security incidents, malware, and other threats.
- Conduct regular security audits and vulnerability assessments.
- Stay updated on the latest IT security trends and best practices.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or a related field.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Certifications such as CompTIA Network+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) are a plus.
- Proven experience as an IT Administrator or similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols, hardware, and security.
- Proficiency in server administration (Windows/Linux), virtualization technologies, and cloud platforms.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to resolve technical issues efficiently.
- Familiarity with software deployment, patch management, and remote support tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only candidates who meet the specifications will be contacted.