Logistics Officer at International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) – Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Overall Purpose of Role
- Responsible for providing general logistic support and facility management to INSO Nigeria, will manage logistic processes in support of the objectives of the organization including responsibility for the planning, oversight, and management and coordination of logistics operations related to fleet management, scheduling staff, subcontractors, vendors, creating a plan for the movement of materials, fleet, equipment etc.
- Travel and movement planning for INSO Nigeria
- Plan vehicles movements, track individual trips, and ensure implementation of security measures.
- Make report of fuel consumption and follow-up with INSO’s fuel contractor Track consumption of fuel used for generators and vehicles.
- Ensure procurement of goods and services is done following value for money principle.
- Ensure that there are adequate stocks of cleaning and stationaries supplies and manage those stocks and ensure store security.
- Keep all documents related to installations / equipment / Maintenance/infrastructures in order and update them regularly.
- Facility management for INSO office and Guest house building, premises and equipment are in good shape and properly maintained (plumber, electricity, minor works).
- Follows up the consumption and due payment of utilities, immediately flagging to the operations manager any issues or areas that need to be addressed.
- Ensure all assets are in good working condition and report those that need repairs.
- Manage INSO assets and keep updated the assets list/ updated filing, Support the Physical Asset Verification
- Operationally supervise drivers’ work to ensure they adhere to all INSO driving rules and regulations and prepare their schedules.
- Supervise the Guards and equip them with the needed items for their work and report any security incident to the security focal point and to the line manager.
- Implement the specific procedures to ensure and to monitor that the vehicle and other motorized equipment regular incentivization.
- Facilitating visas for INSO staff and other visitors visiting Nigeria Offices.
- Management of Guesthouse water supply systems, generators management and maintenance activities in the event of minor to major problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration / Logistics and Procurement, Supply Chain, HR/Finance educational.
- 2 Years practical experience working in logistics management, administration, asset management, fleet management preferably with and NGO.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer literate (good knowledge of use of MS Office 365 package).
Key Personal Competencies:
- Strong Communication, interpersonal and coordination skills
- Capacity to work effectively and efficiently with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility with respect to working hours and tasks.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Capacity to plan and manage your own time effectively.
- Ability and eagerness to learn.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit completed Applications to: [email protected] and reference “Logistics Officer” in the subject line.
- Applications should be in English and include:
- An updated CV (maximum 3 pages).
- A one-page cover letter detailing why you are interested in working for INSO and how your qualifications align specifically with the competencies required for the role.
- Please do not send any additional information. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 5th January, 2024.