Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Trainee
Location: Ewekoro, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Engineering
- Graduate Trainees to be trained on the different departments in Wartsila O&M sites (Operations and Maintenance)
- Graduate trainees to be trained also on particular functions which include Electrical, Mechanical or Operator roles.
- Trainees to gather as much information on the company and participating in OJT wherever possible, also taking notes on experiences and keeping a log of things learned.
- Trainees will learn to operate and maintain the power plant according to the company policies and procedures.
- Trainees will learn to comply with all safety regulations including isolation, lock out and tag out and perform emergency procedures in order to protect personnel and equipment in case of damage or failure of safety devices.
- Trainees will learn to utilize all tools, equipment and accessories in such a manner so as to maximize useful operating life.
- Trainees to Participate in meetings, Workshops and team building activities.
- Trainees are required to compile reports and making presentations to other staff members.
- Trainees are to analyze existing systems and offer new ideas and areas of improvement
- Trainees to conduct research and assist manager or supervisor wherever possible
- Trainees to be assessed via a test and submitting of Monthly reports as a form of valuation during and at the end of the graduate trainee program.
- Trainees to be on the Job training for the Duration of 1 year.
- Qualifications – Minimum of HND, BSc., B.Tech, B.ENG in Engineering disciplines below
- Course of study – Electrical & Electronics Engineering Mechanical Engineering Similar graduates in relevant course of study
- NYSC completion certificate is mandatory 0 – 2 years post NYSC experience
- Not older than 27 years as of December 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th July, 2023.