Zonal IT Service Manager at DHL
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
Under the DHL Supply Chain umbrella, one of the business units of DHL, we provide customized logistics and industry solutions in the areas of supply chain management, warehousing, distribution, value added services, and lead logistics provider services for our customers – helping them deliver better results everyday.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Zonal IT Service Manager
Location: Isolo, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To Administer and Deploy all in-country infrastructure such as Telecoms Data/Voice (International/Country WAN, LAN&VPN connectivity, All PBXs and call monitoring software).
- This includes infrastructure such as (communications equipment/software third party delivery services, PCs, Servers and server rooms, power Generators, and other peripherals). Also to ensure high standard with respect to IT service delivery, Capacity, Availability, data quality and backup, Timeliness and Security (SEP, Altris etc).
- To provide support in-country infrastructure, including servers, communication, PC and other peripherals.
- To escalate and resolve issues and problems associated with the communication services delivered by the ITS .
- To provide Maintenance on the AD servers and create policies in accordance GAD policies.
- Deployment & maintenance of servers in order to provide high service levels at an appropriate cost
- Ensure proper planning and overseeing all infrastructure in all DHL NG Locations.
- Ensure that All systems and servers meets DHL security specifications
- Deployment, operation and maintenance of all DHL NG, TD and NE Telephony systems and proactively identifying problems associated with voice comms.
- To maintain hardware and resolve problems either through personal action or by organising resolution through a third party.
- To plan new servers or revised server configurations to handle increasing business and an expanding user base within the context of relevant Emerging Markets Information Services’ policies
- Communication and network services are delivered to all Business Entities to high standards of data quality, data timeliness and security.
- Service Level Agreements are met or exceeded.
- All deployed hardware and software are configured to perform in an optimum manner.
- The provision of communication and network services maximises the level of operational service with minimal disruption to the core business.
- Customer satisfaction with communication and network services and procedures.
- Monitor and ensure that the PBX and other communication equipment are working optimally and escalate where necessary.
- To deploy and commission new servers, including the installation of operating systems and other software.
- To install and update all antivirus software.
- To ensure the functionality and accessibility of all peripherals (such as scanners and printers) plus hand held units.
- To perform engineering level network planning and design for all WANs and LANs installed in the country.
- All country networks are fully documented. Service Level Agreement commitments are met or exceeded.
- To liaise with vendors, this includes network providers, hardware and software providers and cabling contractors, etc. ·
- Build strong rapport with vendors and work closely with the teams for project deployment. Contract negotiation, problem escalation, etc
- Effectively manage relationships with the IT Support Team.
- To manage the implementation of new country networks or upgrades to existing networks.
- To conduct on going reviews of and changes to network and other hardware facilities with little negative impact on the user community.
- To exploit new technologies and keep aware of all new developments in the field of communications and networking such as voice, data, images and video conferencing.
- To monitor network performance and availability and resolve when performance does not meet Service Level Agreement commitments.
- To plan, procure and set up the server equipment including tuning of the operating system for maximum performance
- To administer all servers and associated data and database management systems monitor server performance and service availability.
- To rationalize the deployment of servers in order to provide high service level at an appropriate cost
- Data quality and security meets network and local standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Services (or equivalent)
- ITIL Service Management Foundation Certificate
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional).
- 5 years work experience in networking PC and server maintenance.
- 3 years experience in IS Service management experience.
- Communication skills (English), spoken and written
Technical expertise in:
- Networking protocols and understanding of data communications in a business environment
- Wide Area Networking of various types (e.g. MPLS, ATM, Frame Relay, leased line, ISDN, VSAT)
- High speed Local Area Networks based on Ethernet technology
- Local to Wide Area network connections
- TCP/IP and other protocols
- Various types of network switching equipment
- DHL proprietary communications software
- Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows /2000
- Unix Operating System (depending on local applications)
- Commitment to Excel: Challenges self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results. Is not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered.
- Influence: Persuades others of the value of an approach or idea. Gains commitment and support.
- Interacting with People: Relates well with people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Is aware of the expressed needs and perceptions of others and adept at picking up the clues to their unexpressed thoughts and feelings. Uses this information to build the relationship.
- Analysis: Thinks through a situation systematically. Critically evaluates both numerical and narrative information. Draws accurate conclusion.
- Adaptability: Responds positively to change. Maintains effectiveness when confronted with new work situations or the uncertainty and ambiguity that comes with change. Is open to new ideas, assignments and approaches.
- Initiative: A bias for taking action, making decisions and proactively doing things for both current and future opportunities.
- Planning & Organizing: Plans a course of action to accomplish high-priority goals. Monitors progress. Anticipates problems and revises plans to meet changing circumstances.
- Communication: Provides information in a timely, clear and concise manner. Expresses ideas effectively, adjusting style to the needs of others. Listens attentively.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified